London-boy's first thread in ayyyges!

The clicking should be normal, my launch PS2 has been making similar noises from day one and it's still functioning 100%. As said it's the heat expansion causing it.

Yep. Quite loud clicking noises coming from the PS3... no idea! Almost sounds like when you turn the heating off and your radiators make clicking noises due to the metal cooling down...?
It's literally the exact same thing as that which makes your radiators click; thermal expansion. Nothing to worry about. :)

I played the demo and - shock horror! - didn't like it! As much as i loved our talks years ago with Deano and neo (i think?)... Ok i'm going to get banned now.

Welcome back, lb.

I didn't like the heavenly sword demo too. But I loved the full game.
Maybe you can give a chance to the game. It's cheap now.

Welcome back, lb.

I didn't like the heavenly sword demo too. But I loved the full game.
Maybe you can give a chance to the game. It's cheap now.

I liked the full game. The demo was insanely short. Though didn't we also get another demo later at some point? Or was that only Japan? Yeah, it was only Japan.

Anyway, the full game is quite interesting - maybe not a must-have-played, but if you're interested in exploring some motion controls included in a game like this, try it out. There are whole levels where you for instance get to shoot an arrow or a cannonball and then get to control the flight of that arrow or cannonball right to the target. I really liked that, along with some really beautiful environments and great storytelling. It's not a very long game, and I quit during the final battle, but I did really enjoy it all the way to that final battle.

I never managed to get the hang of the arial combat though, but that was partly because I didn't realise it was there until I'd almost completed the game in the first place. ;)

I definitely think it is worth a play-through.

How come no one mention "Planet Earth" for Blu-ray ? Look for the "Birds of Paradise" segment. According to wikipedia, it's in the "From Pole to Pole" or "Jungles" chapters.

You can probably youtube it, but watching it first time on Blu-ray blew my mind away.

Yeah, Planet Earth is quite amazing; I knew the content was going to be great, but I was not expecting it to be a technical showcase.

london-boy, what's up? Killzone 2 has fantastic multiplayer. It's like the class structure of Team Fortress mixed with the tactical combat of a Tom Clancy game. I really, really love this game. I enjoyed the SP a lot, too, although you said you're bored by it. But yeah. You should hop online and level through the ranks. It's really meaty. I personally like the way it starts you out just playing with other n00bs, no fancy weapons, no fancy classes, and gradually introduces them as you level up.

Until recently with Killzone 2, I haven't played any multiplayer since SOCOM 2 back in '94-'95. Yeah, this game really excels online- beautiful environments (that get "roughed up" during play), fantastic weighty feel with nuance (since the "high precision" update), intricate level design that offers some "secret" spots for those more agile than the rest of us, team-based gameplay with excellent deep classes, great AI with those bots, sniping demonstrates a great use of Sixaxis (precision aiming), standard-setting particle effects, and an awesome flamethrower (see DLC)!

I haven't even gotten into clan play yet (only been playing a month). I do wish more public games enabled Friendly Fire.

I also really enjoyed the last MAG beta (while it lasted).

Netflix appears to be a worthwhile feature

I saw Food, Inc. from Netflix some weeks ago- a friend of mine has a Netflix account. With enough bandwidth, the quality is quite good (after an early update), and using the application through the disc is not terribly inconvenient.

No Netflix here!

One important question i just can't get a straight answer for: What's the deal with importing games, region codes and all that? Everytime i look for info on this, i see that there is region coding for games and Bluray movies but people still import? I don't get it, how can that work?

Ta!

There is no region protection for Blu-ray games. You could import all you want, but be aware that the downloadable content may only work in the right region.

Blu-ray movies are region protected.

:LOL: you've been out a long time...

Downloadable content.

Under a rock, i tell ya!

Ok so do explain... why on earth would they keep the discs region free, but lock downloadable content, which can be downloaded from anywhere in the world??

If anything, i'd have done the opposite? Or not at all??

Back