London-boy's first thread in ayyyges!

I personally think the Ratchet & Clank games are under-rated, or at least under-appreciated. I think they come off as a kids game, but I think everyone will enjoy them. And you have to at least play Uncharted 2. It was considered 2009 GOTY by most. Also recommend the Ninja Gaiden games if you haven't played them on Xbox already, MGS4 if you're a fan of the MG games, as well as the Resistance games. R1 will probably look dated visually, but it's a fun game nonetheless.

For Blu-Ray movies, I recommend:
The Dark Knight
Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one was good and they're reference quality)
Braveheart
Up
Monster's Inc
Watchmen
The Island
A Bug's Life
Wall-E

The Transformers movies aren't all that great, but they have the most dynamic soundtrack I've ever heard (especially the second). If you have surround sound, your surrounds will get a nice workout.

ah yes it's ddeiana!

Sent a friend request. Once you accept it, I can then send you a link to the B3D chatroom. It's empty most of the time, but we use it to coordinate activities from time to time.

Once you have the link to the B3D chatroom, you can invite other people too. There is no central admin concept. It is accessible from all PS3 games (Press the "Playstation button" to bring up XMB and then click your way to the chat room). Press the "Playstation" button again to flip in/out of the room. You'll receive a small notification whenever someone posts in the chatroom.

The chatroom can be accessed under:
Friends > Chatroom (Text Only) > B3D Chatroom

If you buy a second PS3, you'll need to have someone send you the link again. I think that's it !

How come no one mention "Planet Earth" for Blu-ray ? Look for the "Birds of Paradise" segment. According to wikipedia, it's in the "From Pole to Pole" or "Jungles" chapters.

You can probably youtube it, but watching it first time on Blu-ray blew my mind away.

Well, if he had a 360 in the first place he wouldn't have needed to take such a long hiatus from gaming :devilish:

Sorry, LB, but you'll notice the Xbots are still out in force. :rolleyes: Haven't managed to clean this place out to the One Truth Console, yet... :devilish:

Meh, I'm more a pc-bot at the moment ;)

Just sayin, it's a shame to miss out on ME2 if you're looking for what's new and exciting...everything else sorta pales in comparison.

Meh, I'm more a pc-bot at the moment ;)

Just sayin, it's a shame to miss out on ME2 if you're looking for what's new and exciting...everything else sorta pales in comparison.

Well play one Bioware game, play them all. He should try Demon's Souls for something different.

People have mentioned the original Uncharted and Resistance, thought I'd might as well throw in another oldie as well then: Folklore.

While it may not be a brilliantly shining well-polished masterpiece (there's some rough edges here and there), it's still a very special game IMO, with a wonderful mood and a lot of very imaginative visuals going on. I heartily recommend it, if you can find it (second-hand, most likely.)

It was also one of the first games to explore DLC.

Speaking of DLC... If you like driving games AT ALL, I mean just a little bit...you gotta try Burnout Paradise. I think it can be had for cheap now with all the expansions and stuff, just download everything straight to the PS3's HDD, then launch from the menu without having to juggle discs. Extremely convenient.

Welcome back LB!

I didn't dig Uncharted 2 or Killzone 2 too much myself. For some reason I am tending not to enjoy the "big"/flavour-of-the-month PS3 games like many others. Having said that, there are tonnes of great games floating about that are well worth your time.

I did really enjoy was Wipeout - probably my favourite PS3 game with loads of value to boot. As a Brit I thought it was your duty to support local devs, anyway. Valkyria was very good too, and is pretty cheap these days. Pixeljunk Eden is another favourite. Heavy Rain is starting to get great reviews too and that seems like a nice unique gem.

If you haven't played them, definitely give Batman: AA a look, and I loved Assassin's Creed 2 as well. Both were right up there as my '09 GOTY's.

I bought Infamous too but have only done the first mission before adding it to my backlog... good to hear you're liking it.

london-boy, what's up? Killzone 2 has fantastic multiplayer. It's like the class structure of Team Fortress mixed with the tactical combat of a Tom Clancy game. I really, really love this game. I enjoyed the SP a lot, too, although you said you're bored by it. But yeah. You should hop online and level through the ranks. It's really meaty. I personally like the way it starts you out just playing with other n00bs, no fancy weapons, no fancy classes, and gradually introduces them as you level up.

How come no one mention "Planet Earth" for Blu-ray ? Look for the "Birds of Paradise" segment. According to wikipedia, it's in the "From Pole to Pole" or "Jungles" chapters.

You can probably youtube it, but watching it first time on Blu-ray blew my mind away.
Agree, the BBC Life series is also stunning on Blu-ray. I think the image quality on those discs is even better than Planet earth, and as an added bonus there are handy display calibration screens and tutorials, a good buy if you've just bought a new HD display.

Agree, the BBC Life series is also stunning on Blu-ray. I think the image quality on those discs is even better than Planet earth, and as an added bonus there are handy display calibration screens and tutorials, a good buy if you've just bought a new HD display.

I´d like to add BBC´s Galapagos BD, stunning sceenery and great story giving the background to why Charles Darwin came up with theory of evolution based on what he found there. I learned a lot from it. Can be found dirt cheap at amazon.co.uk, you will not regret the money.

If you are into social gaming and have the space I recommend a Rockband or a Band Hero kit (all new games are compatible), one extra guitar for the bass is recommended. I have a blast playing Lego Rockband with the kids and GH Metallica with the lads. So much fun!

ME! You missed me god damn it! Say it, SAY IT LOUD!!! :p

Uncle dig i missed you the most by far!!!

Ok i've got Wipeout Fury, love it, but i always liked Wipeout... Batman AA demo was awesome so i'm definitely gonna rent the game at least!

Ok big question... am i the only one who hears rather loud clicking noises after i turn off the PS3?

Ok big question... am i the only one who hears rather loud clicking noises after i turn off the PS3?

Nope, heard this from more Slimmers. Congrats on the PS3 by the way. :) If you like Wipeout you may like Motorstorm 2 as well, can heartily recommend it. In fact, for the Platinum price, it shouldn't be missed:

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/11399603/Motorstorm-Pacific-Rift/Product.html (20 euro)

LittleBigPlanet is a must too, also to be had for very cheap from the same site. If you like Pinball, you may like Zen Pinball. There's a demo - make sure you figure out the different views that are available, as without changing the view you may not like it. The full game is a PSN game, very cheap, and it has two additional tables for download for like 1 quid each, of which particularly the Ninja Gaiden 2 table is all manners of awesome. First table you'll ever splice a pinball in two. ;)

Flower is definitely also a must-see experience. Lots of other stuff out there, but don't get too much at once - you wont give yourself enough time to enjoy it. Killzone 2 gets rather special from the second half onwards, though for me in the end I had the most fun from the MP. You'll also find me online in Uncharted 2 occasionally (haven't had much time though recently, but spent 20-30 hours on it back when it was still in beta!)

As for post-count, well - I've been posting slightly more than you on average over the years I've been here - you've just been here that much longer. ;)

Clicking noise? I'm still on a Wii but was thinking of making the jump to either a 360 or PS3 and was leaning towards the PS3 just to be odd and due to the free online...what's this clicking you speak of?

Oh, and humongous hugs! Missed you lots, hope life is treating you well. :)

Yep. Quite loud clicking noises coming from the PS3... no idea! Almost sounds like when you turn the heating off and your radiators make clicking noises due to the metal cooling down...? does that make any sense? It works fine so i'm not worried. yet.

Life has been treating me really, really well actually! only good perks would leave me away from B3D for so long :D

Back