Tales of Symphonia gets very high scores...YAY!!

PC-Engine

Banned
When I saw video clips of this game in action, I knew I wanted to play it, unfortunately I think it's turn-based and I hate TB RPGs :(

From IGN:

The latest version of the Japanese magazine Dengeki features a full-blown review of the anticipated GameCube RPG Tales of Symphonia in which the publication's reviewers glow about the title and award it extremely high scores.

Dengeki scored Tales of Symphonia 9, 10, 9 and 10, just two points show of a perfect rating. The magazine's writers wrote that for fans of the Tales series, Symphonia is so good that it's worth picking up a GameCube just to have it. The reviewers noted that they overall liked the story in the game and were especially fond of the character development. They also stated that the title is highly polished and that it's exactly the way an RPG should be.

Tales of Phantasia on the SNES rocked so I can't wait for this one. This is the first one in the Tales-series that is set in the same world as ToP, correct?

I'm not too sure about this game, most so called RPG which have great reviews were poor to my taste...

We really need demo disks, here in europe.

Well bohdy just go out and buy it... ok yeah... that's right you don't have any money.

...Hmmm...

I know! You can convince Dave to buy it so that you can borrow (steal) it from him, right? ;)

I enjoyed a lot Tales SNES. It had awesome graphics and music and the battle system was very enjoyable.
I hope this is on par. What I am most worried about is the Soundtrack. I hope it to be really good.

When I saw video clips of this game in action, I knew I wanted to play it, unfortunately I think it's turn-based and I hate TB RPGs

;) heheh...

TP snes
TD1 psone
TD2(phantasia title renamed for the psone.)
soon...
TS GCN
TD2(second TD game.) ps2

Saw a high quality demo video of Tales of Symphonia on a TV in a games store today (I'm in Japan at the moment), it looks really good, but not sure if it suits me as I haven't played much Tales of Destiny 2 yet.

zidane1strife said:
TP snes
TD1 psone
TD2(phantasia title renamed for the psone.)
soon...
TS GCN
TD2(second TD game.) ps2

Wrong.

Tales of Destiny 2 for PS1 is called 'Tales of Eternia' in Japan. The ToP remake for PS1 doesn't have an English release, and is named correctly.

Great news, it´ll be sure to check it out when it arrives. I only wish all characters didn´t look like kids, but I think I can overlook it, though.

PC-Engine said:
When I saw video clips of this game in action, I knew I wanted to play it, unfortunately I think it's turn-based and I hate TB RPGs :(

The battle system is actually real-time, just like SNES' tales of phantasia. Its not entirely 3D, more like 2.5D since you can only go forward/backward in the scenery towards your enemies. You press buttons to make attacks and combos, etc.

You can actually play 4 players multiplayer during battles, without the need of GBA of course, like some game.. *cough FF cough*

Bohdy said:
Almasy said:
Tagrineth said:
Four words.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

You call THAT a quality RPG?

I would aswell. Its better than any Final Fantasy I ever played, and I have played RPG's aplenty. Its one of my fav's actually.

Out of Sega liking, that´s the only way that would happen, because that´s pretty much it´s only "redeeming" aspect. The thing sucks, through and through. There´s not a single aspect about the game that doesn´t suck. Story, music, battle system ( that is the part that sucks the most), exploration, characters, graphics, etc.

In short, everything in the game sucks.

Almasy said:
Out of Sega liking, that´s the only way that would happen, because that´s pretty much it´s only "redeeming" aspect. The thing sucks, through and through. There´s not a single aspect about the game that doesn´t suck. Story, music, battle system ( that is the part that sucks the most), exploration, characters, graphics, etc.

In short, everything in the game sucks.

Looks like YOU don't LIKE it.
(Refering to the DC version)
I don't like it too much either, although my only complain is about the random encounters which annoyed me so much that I had to switch off my dreamcast and go out because I was really pissed off. (Violence doesn't solve anything)

Except that, the game is rather nice. (Without it I would give it 70-80% with that problem it goes down to 50-60%)

Back