NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

So, if the GTX570 has 225W TDP, what are the probabilities that a GF110 with same specs as the GTX470 have a TDP under 200W? Could that be used for the Dual GF110? Would that make sense?

But the GTX 570 has less MC compare to GTX 480.
Sure yes. But my guess is the 4% higher core/shader clock is enough to compensate the 13% loss of rops and memory bandwidth (dropping the rops is probably a complete non-issue as all of the GF1xx with the exception of GF108 have more than enough rops, and it looks like GF100 doesn't really need that much memory bandwidth). Hence GTX 570 and GTX 480 would be about as fast, and in apps where the core improvements really show off (like hawx2) the GTX 570 would be faster. But we'll see soon enough...

palitgeforcegtx570sheet01-575x755.jpg

The 570 sounds like a pretty nice card to me, but I guess I will have to wait for pricing and competition to see how it really stacks up. Looking forward to its release though. Competition seems to be warming up with these newer releases.

The package?

Nvidia told me in the aftermath of TGX580's launch that the new cooler is in fact cheaper to produce than the GTX480 cooler. If it would also be cheaper than GTX470's cooler, it'd make only sense to include it in GTX 570, wouldn't it?

Back