NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

What are you talking about?

The current condition seems to be more complicated for Nvidia to design chips with features targeted for either Quadro/Tesla or Geforce product lines. I believe that all GF10X series will be remodified architecture based on GF100. and most of them ( except low-end ) may contain different streaming multiprocessor (SM) architecture as compared to old GF100 series.

Hmm, the GTX480 M is a 104 or 100?

If it's an 104 then it indeed has 384 ALUs at full capacity, and 352 being the top bin. And the 465 might be here to stay with the GF104 slotting in somehow (either that or as the 460)

EDIT: Wow, TechReport says it's a GF100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely sure? Thought 384 was actually on the line, especially with a size of Cypress, a much smaller memory interface, and "cut cache" (ugh).

Not definitely, no, but most rumors point to that figure. Plus, the GTX 465 is GF100-based, and has 352 SPs, this much we know. And it seems very likely that the GTX 460 is GF104-based, so it should have less SPs than the GTX 465, especially since it's probably clocked higher.

EDIT: Wow, TechReport says it's a GF100.
Yeah, nvidia must be smoking serious :)
Though with those clocks (gddr5 with a base clock of 600Mhz!!!) I'm not sure how much faster this actually is compared to their current fastest offering (gtx285m). I would guess probably not that much...

http://translate.google.com.hk/tran...ttp://we.pcinlife.com/thread-1431238-1-1.html

GTX460 fan design is too fragile Actually a small fan protruding outside of the radiator cover, and radiator cover easily deformation of material, accidentally touched the little card, run the fan on the lead contact with metal heat sinks, to interrupt a fan Now turn the fans up there to fly out feeling great centrifugal force

Fortunately, not heat, I do not know that the fan in question out of power is also measured whether the Right

GTX460(GF104) PCB layout:
10rms8w.jpg

http://we.pcinlife.com/thread-1431292-1-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back