NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Dosn't do wonders in ARMA2, where I spend most of my time.
And I won't wait for a "hotfix" to play a game several months after release, no thank you.

There seems to be a CPU bottleneck, but the HD 5970 is clearly faster than (or equal to, when the CPU is the bottleneck) the GTX 480 in ArmA 2: http://www.behardware.com/articles/787-11/report-nvidia-geforce-gtx-480-470.html

Even when there's no "hotfix", you can still play, just not with Crossfire. For major games it's usually pretty quick anyway.

If GPUs are being shipped to vendors, nvidia and AMD counts them as "shipped". Sometimes their marketing counts them even as sold (as long as they leave fabs, regardless if they are on the shelves or not).
Yes, but how far out is the GTX 465?

So what? If he wants a multiple GPU setup he should go with SLI anyway. But as already said he picks the fastest single GPU solution

Sure, a pair of GTX 480s would be faster than a HD 5970, or even a pair of HD 5870s. So if performance is key, that's what Lonbjerg should get, even if, in a few games, it's not all that great.

And just in case someone points out that it would be even better with 3 or 4 cards, I think we can all agree it's not worth it because of the seriously diminishing returns past 2 GPUs.

Because nVidia doesn't sell the cards to end users and they count the parts shipped.

So they shipped a lot of GTX465 Chips/GPUs but a less of GTX470/GTX480? Why would their partners store all of these cards?
But that would also mean that they shipped all of these GTX470/GTX480 2-3 months ago. Guess who said there will be a limited-to-no availability until BX...

BTW where did Surround 3D Vision go?

I thought there was lots of talk about a mid-April driver update that would bring such functionality over to the 400s...

Maybe it's just the fact that 3 monitors would have the nVidia cards idling at 120+ watts I suppose. :LOL:

I thought there was lots of talk about a mid-April driver update that would bring such functionality over to the 400s...

Maybe it's just the fact that 3 monitors would have the nVidia cards idling at 120+ watts I suppose. :LOL:

I think the first 3d Vision drivers are coming in July?

The first rel 256 drivers will be released on May24th.

Here is the link

Its delayed until the end of June:
http://blogs.nvidia.com/ntersect/2010/05/3d-vision-surround-driver-launch-timeline.html

Nvidia probably had a mockup version with softTH at CES in January and needed 6 months to make their own. Its hard to believe that they had a working version in January and then need 6 months to complete it. :???:

Back