NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Since game developers are making more profit than the movies industry globally (we are talking Billions of dollars), I don't buy into the poor game developers needing 'support' from ATI/Nvidia.
The publishers getting the better part of it ... and the savings from "developer support" come in during the phase where the developer is tightest in cash.

I can see how it makes sense for the developers to simply accept free libraries and a live in developer to code part of their engine for them ... that's easy 100K+ they can pocket. I don't think that kind of "developer support" is really something we should wish for developers to have though ... it basically becomes a bidding match between who can offer the developer the most reduction in development cost, but there is always a price tag ... and that price tag is heavily slanted optimization and thus reduced competition.

When can we expect any Fermi mainstream or budget derivatives? It's awfully quiet on the mainstream front, and ATI's HD5750 and HD5770 have been on the market for almost half a year now.

Any information, rumors, or speculation?

When can we expect any Fermi mainstream or budget derivatives? It's awfully quiet on the mainstream front, and ATI's HD5750 and HD5770 have been on the market for almost half a year now.

Any information, rumors, or speculation?

Yeah, GF104, presumably 256 SPs, 64 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 256-bit bus with GDDR5, a bit bigger than Cypress (which is 334mm²) expected soonish, probably sometime around June, I guess.

That is pretty much what is floating around.

Yeah, GF104, presumably 256 SPs, 64 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 256-bit bus with GDDR5, a bit bigger than Cypress (which is 334mm²) expected soonish, probably sometime around June, I guess.

That is pretty much what is floating around.
If the rumor is correct, and it only just taped out, we're talking closer to the August-October timeframe.

GTX 460 to arrive at early June:

NVIDIA is now working on a lower-end addition to its GeForce GTX400 series, and according to our reliable sources, the card will be branded as GeForce GTX 460.

The third Fermi-based consumer-class model will employ the P1025 reference PCB design, and feature 1GB of GDDR5 memory as well as 256-bit of memory interface. We have no idea yet about the amount of stream processors or frequencies.

Noteworthily, there won’t be a standard design of GeForce GTX460 – instead, the AICs have their own design rights. If things go well enough, the GeForce GTX 460 will make its debut on June 1st, with a similar price to Radeon HD 5850.

Sorry if this is against the rules, its just theres no explanation and its just simpler to copy the whole thing. If it is an infraction, may I use one of my ATI cake tokens?

So is GTX460 GF104 or GF100?
Link only says it's "Fermi-based", and I've seen both interpretations...

My guess, based on NVIDIA's previous behavior, would be that the GTX 460 is GF100-based while GF104 powers the GTS 450.

It also makes sense given the very poor yields that NVIDIA is experiencing with GF100.

Back