NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

This is pure FUD. You should wait for the reviews to decide if it is too loud or not. And in all fiarness the reference cooler of the 5870 is also not really silent.

480 has other drawbacks bigger, than the cooling solution.

5970,5870,5870 2GB 5850 VS. 480, 470 final scores:

10032217007ff36decd61398ab.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. I'm so tired of hearing how Fermi is going to pwn, or blow, or rock, or hate, or piss in someone's breakfast cereal, or be the recipient thereof.

Can the 26th get here any sooner? I guess it's not even the 26th anymore is it, it's supposed to be the 29th now right? Ugh.

Come to New Zealand and have your 26th come sooner. Even our 29th of the month comes before everywhere else, but that still doesn't help as Nvidia are backwards and are probably basing their NDA on some other countries time.

Thirded (does a word like this even exist?) :D

Forded.

OK, this is silly.

Edit: I think that this graph readily illustrates the "fear" of many of us, that the performance window will be very narrow in the region between HD5850 and GTX480. What can it be in this graph? At best 25%?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. I'm so tired of hearing how Fermi is going to pwn, or blow, or rock, or hate, or piss in someone's breakfast cereal, or be the recipient thereof.

Can the 26th get here any sooner? I guess it's not even the 26th anymore is it, it's supposed to be the 29th now right? Ugh.

No, it's still the 26th for reviews, 27th in Europe. I don't know where that 29th rumor comes from.

Forded.

OK, this is silly.

Edit: I think that this graph readily illustrates the "fear" of many of us, that the performance window will be very narrow in the region between HD5850 and GTX480. What can it be in this graph? At best 25%?

Fear or expectations, whoever sees this chart will find exactly what he has hoped/wished for the past year.

Back