NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

N10E-GLM = GT215 (ye olde D10P) if I'm not mistaken.. that's a bit weird in this context.

I am a bit surprised that Nvidia is supposed to have taken the we-etch-stuff-into-our-GPUs with their high-end again. G80 and GT200 were completely plain.

Sure, in Fudzilla reality ... but in Fuzilla reality Fermi ships on labour day.

It really isn't true for the major markets like Germany (and as a consequence for it's little neighbour I live in, look at the link).

It is quite often, given most cited prices in US dollars lack VAT. That added plus the usual premium we old worlders pay, it turns out to be true quite often. Or wasn't HD 5830 supposed to be launch at 229 US-$?
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/preisvergleich/?cat=gra16_512&asuch=HD 5830&v=l&plz=&dist=&sort=p

It is quite often, given most cited prices in US dollars lack VAT. That added plus the usual premium we old worlders pay, it turns out to be true quite often. Or wasn't HD 5830 supposed to be launch at 229 US-$?
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/preisvergleich/?cat=gra16_512&asuch=HD 5830&v=l&plz=&dist=&sort=p

The USA doesn't have VAT we have sales tax but it varies by state. Also I don't pay any sales tax when i order from another state (though i think they are trying to change that)

Some states have no sales tax. Some like New Jersey where I live is 7% however there are sections in new jersey with 3.5% sales tax.

Its my understanding that VAT in Europe is much higher than sales tax here.

I've let someone else do the calculation for me.

If we take the package size from the Tesla documents (42,5cm) the die size ends up at around 23x23. That's where the number comes from.

Hmm interesting. But the text written in the picture doesnt make sence with that box. By squiting and zooming at it I really see:
H = 2.08
W = 2.28

Nowhere i see the 23mm, with the reached conclusion of 529mm2.
But the H*W with the picture numbers give a pretty interesting number: 474mm2, close to the other rumored 480...

I found the original picture, no need to zoom...

That is correct

No it's not. ;)

H: 2.30

L: 2.30

GTX4X0 3Dmark06 benchmark leak:
GTX4803DMark2006.jpg

http://www1.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=9547178

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the original picture, no need to zoom...

No it's not. ;)

H: 2.30

L: 2.30

Hmm.. thanks.. But still if you zoom the other one.. Its 100% NOT clear that they are all zeros. The left and right characters seem to be the same, but NOT the middle one. Something is fishy here, for me.

The USA doesn't have VAT we have sales tax but it varies by state. Also I don't pay any sales tax when i order from another state (though i think they are trying to change that)

You're actually legally obligated to do this, but there is no mechanism.

If the numbers are small, you can ship them out at the last minute. 5-10k cards you can get around the world in the last week. A couple of pallets on a plane for each country...

Gotta get them to AIB's then there's branding, maybe some sort of testing, packaging and then it has to make it out to retailers. Doesn't look to me like there'll be any retail stock on the 26th.

Hmm.. thanks.. But still if you zoom the other one.. Its 100% NOT clear that they are all zeros. The left and right characters seem to be the same, but NOT the middle one. Something is fishy here, for me.

Nothing is fishy here. That one that you zoomed in was exactly the same image that I hosted at a bigger res on imageshack. Look at the url of you image, it has a "thumb" somewhere. If you delete the last part of the url, you will get to the bigger image. ;)

Independently from 3DMark06 being a synthetic benchmark, performance seems to be good, keeping in mind a HD5870 reaches a 20k score only. Is there any reason for this to be related also with rumoured memory advantage? For some reason I dont see 3DMark06 being that memory hungry, as it was released almost 5 years ago.
3DMark06 is a CPU benchmark nowadays,HD5870 can reach over 25K with 4G i7....

Back