NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

Hmm dont have access to that page for some reason:cry:

You need to join the "Religion, Politics & Socioeconomic Climate" group first (see user cp).

Every topic where he's allowed to Dvorak freely will eventually get to this point. You must know this by now.

This one is above my pay grade. I don't feel comfortable deleting posts that are technically on-topic but impossible to verify (even if they would seem false). Where would one draw the line? Either way it's not my place to say (even if I wanted to). You will have to ask the higher ups about it. To be fair, I do delete posts of his that are clearly off-topic or ridiculously snarky.

Hopefully this clears things up. Back to the gf100 discussion!

Only the 512SP models have the capability to boil water. If you want a good brew you'll have to be lucky or know someone at Nvidia.

I was thinking the dual gpu verison of the 512sp model would be really good. Esp if entertaining guests. Need alot of boiling water for that.

If it were true, that would be the case. It is not. Then again, he said that Fermi yields were 40% and AMD's smaller Cypress was yielding less. I don't think the boy quite understands the words he is using.

-Charlie
Damn, didn't read close enough. Re-read and had a good laugh...
I guess I thought Theo meant the cost for the kit but he clearly stated "for a single Cypress die."
Though to be fair, he did generalize the GF100 yield statement, he said a "realistic goal is 40%."

Is GF100's Compute, C++ abilities, and similarites with a CPU due to Nvidia hiring ex-intel x86 engineers from Stexar in 2006? If so, that's when Jensen said this Fermi development had been "almost 5 years in the making", it was a result of them trying to aquire an X86 liscense back in the day. Partnering with Via and pissing off Intel, getting ousted from the bus liscense by X58 + QPI, and trying to make their most cpu compute-like chip they could without violating liscensee laws.

Heheh. This is one interesting, revolutionary chip. Does anyone think the Stexar people were for some other small Nvidia project related to x86, like some soc, tegra or ion or something?

Seems to me like Fermi is the most CPU-similar development to come from Nvidia lately. This is their attempt to compete with AMD Fusion & Intel CPU+GPU chips without being left in the cold.

Is GF100's Compute, C++ abilities, and similarites with a CPU due to Nvidia hiring ex-intel x86 engineers from Stexar in 2006? If so, that's when Jensen said this Fermi development had been "almost 5 years in the making", it was a result of them trying to aquire an X86 liscense back in the day. Partnering with Via and pissing off Intel, getting ousted from the bus liscense by X58 + QPI, and trying to make their most cpu compute-like chip they could without violating liscensee laws.

Heheh. This is one interesting, revolutionary chip. Does anyone think the Stexar people were for some other small Nvidia project related to x86, like some soc, tegra or ion or something?

Seems to me like Fermi is the most CPU-similar development to come from Nvidia lately. This is their attempt to compete with AMD Fusion & Intel CPU+GPU chips without being left in the cold.

*bangs head against the wall* sigh....

The rumours continue to be rather downbeat unfortunately after me catching up with the posts on here. I have to confess I am not waiting with baited breath for these cards because of this.

I was thinking the dual gpu verison of the 512sp model would be really good. Esp if entertaining guests. Need alot of boiling water for that.

I hear if you brew datura tea you can experience Nvidia 3D without the glasses. Thats something you'd want to share, right?!

Target frequency was slightly lower than that and that frequency stood for core clock and not half the hot clock.

I was told about a year ago that the clock targets were 1500 for the hot clock, and 750 (obviously) for the half hot clock. Does the base clock run anything anymore?

-Charlie

The L2 and ROP sections were described as being in the remnant of the base clock region. Possibly other sundry items might be sitting there as well.

Back