Nazi Moderators on this site.

I could live without the constant BOLDED warning posts. They are everywhere.
Well duh! If everyone actually read and followed the rules, would we need to keep reminding people?! Those bolded remarks are us not being Nazis. Nazism would be us shooting you lot for not following the rules (and rewarding those who shop you in :devilish:).

"Free speech" exists in a zillion forums out there. "Managed discussion" is much harder to find. You have a free choice which you prefer. And the mods are open to changing decisions if approached sensibly and civily and a decent, rational argument given rather than "me no likey".

I think it's funny how seriously some mods take themselves but in the end they can do whatever they want it's a private site with unpaid mods doing this in their free time. I say this for most forums I've been to on the internet.

I agree with the op, the B3D moderators/admins are so strict that they won't even create a PhysX subforum. Haven't they heard it's bigger than 3D (and do I dare say, beyond 3D)?

On other forums I take part in where it feels like that, instead of dialling back my involvement I get stuck in and do my best to promote a better quality of post instead, because I care about the standard of discussion and the forum as a whole.

*shrug*

Interesting because I cannot say the quality of discussion has increased due to the moderation, I simply see a decrease in the number of former regulars posting.

Interesting because I cannot say the quality of discussion has increased due to the moderation, I simply see a decrease in the number of former regulars posting.
Get stuck in and help then :smile:

I agree with the op, the B3D moderators/admins are so strict that they won't even create a PhysX subforum. Haven't they heard it's bigger than 3D (and do I dare say, beyond 3D)?
I told you I'd create a PhysX subforum if you do that thing for me that I like. Still waiting :LOL:

I'm satisfied with the mods here, atleast in the console forum, infact I think the mods have done great job and I have my share of warnings from them also (Hi Shifty :)), not so much lately though. The discussion at the 3D Architectures & Chips forum could use some heavier moderation once in a while.

<snip> or wear such deeply unsexy military dress (please, skull logos? Sooooo last year, darlings).<snip>

Speak for yourself. :oops:

Anyway, I swear there's an unwritten rule between the nvidia/ati/ps3/xbox fans: they never report each others' posts so when an outsider reports them, we end up having to clean up a bunch of posts, often spanning several pages. Obviously before that happens, some people may get the idea the discussion is legit and then be surprised, or act surprised, when we close a thread/delete posts/make bolded comments (ZOMG :runaway:).

Seems to me like a case of selective memory. Can you remember the time before the current console forum rules were instated? it was a debate of closing the console section down completely (with a lot of knowledgable regulars not bothering visiting there anymore) due to the horrible S/N ratio.

No, IMO due to the moderation B3D forum (in whole!) is one of the most pleasant experiences of its kind.

Said that, could be that the mods should have given eezings last thread a few posts more time - this is the only forum where I've seen great discussions spawn from worse flamebait. :smile:
OTOH, I don't think it was in the console forum though...:p

thats a bit unfair to
Gruppenführer Rys
and
Oberbefehlshaber AlexV

I'm satisfied with the mods here, atleast in the console forum,

You must be joking the respect in there is appalling, I posted in there once and not a single person addressed me as "Oh esteemed member of the glorious p.c gaming master race"

You must be joking the respect in there is appalling, I posted in there once and not a single person addressed me as "Oh esteemed member of the glorious p.c gaming master race"

They must have been enthralled by the sight of the Sacred Ter[strike]r[/strike]abyte of Gaming Goodness.

I'm sorry Rys, I just can't agree with you. I've been giving it a lot of thought, and it just bugs me:

or wear such deeply unsexy military dress (please, skull logos? Sooooo last year, darlings).
Are you drunk? Say anything you want about how awful the nazis were and I won't disagree, but to say they had unsexy military dress is just a travesty! Nazi uniforms were the baddest of the bad-assed, SERIOUSLY sexxy stuff! :oops:

My only complaint, ever, with the moderator / admin staff was with geo. Humorously, in a twist of fate, he posted his nonsense exactly ten minutes before this forum took an epic faceplant and ate a huge chunk of the database. That was back when all those "partial resurrection" threads cropped back up.

Due to said epic faceplant, I never had a good way to document and prove his stupidity, but nobody else past that point ever really gave me reason to complain. Thus, it really never became a recurring issue to me, which meant I really didn't let it impact the quantity (nor quality, ha!) of my posting.

Geo said:
You don't get to verbally rape his sister and rhetorically commit genocide against his nation just because you're "right" on the merits of an intellectual discussion and he's wrong. It doesn't work that way.
This was the vitriol I received after telling someone they were spewing nonsense. And they were, as it was later revealed, but was still laughable that it pissed of Geo so badly.

Back