Holiday season 2010 - predicting the big games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butta

Regular
It seems to me that Sony and Nintendo had a pretty great Holday 2009. Microsoft, however did not have a great holiday season this year. 2010 will certainly be a different story. Here are my predictions for the big 2010 releases:

Microsoft - We pretty much already know them, Halo Reach and Natal. Microsoft does not even need to release anything else in order to dominate Holiday 2010. It is possible however, given the success that Final Fantasy 13 had in Japan that Microsoft could realease an often rumored RPG in that territory. I also expect at least one must have title for Natal.

Nintendo - I hope they release a new Zelda that is built from the ground up for Wii unlike the last one.

Sony - Sony has huge releases for the first half of the year: Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, GOW 3 and GT5 (and perhaps the MC) with not as much as a mention for what will be coming out for the holidays so this is pure speculation. Since Insomniac mentionned they would likely have longer dev cycles I expect nothing from them and certainly nothing from Naughty Dog so soon. This leaves me to guess that Guerilla may be ready for a new release and that we may finally see R* Agent game getting released for the holidays.

Sony will need something really good to compete with what Microsoft has on offer.

Um...

GT5 & GOW III are HUGE titles for the PS3 crowd, I would assume Halo Reach is going to sell tons of software but the combination of the two titles above should do the same for PS3. Then of course you mentioned the new Final Fantasy.

Although I don't like to see comparisons of Console X vs Console Y when it comes to future profits or game releases I would like to say I don't think Sony has anything to worry about. In fact Halo could be the first game that doesn't do as well as initially expected; they have a lot of expectations that need to be met to avoid a lot of critisism.

I think MS and Sony are going to have a great 2010, Nintendo on the other hand (my bitter hatred coming through) needs some serious help if they want to stay relevant.

Ah yes, the new year sales predictions thread, always dominated by hype and hope.

I'm slightly amused at the "Halo will be a disappointment this time" prediction.

Dregun he said holiday

That said, IMO GT5 is going to slip to holiday for Sony anyway. It's already slipped to 11/1 in Gamestop's system. I also think they will have Resistance 3 (the movie/billboard leak proved it's existence).

MS will also have Fable 3.

Has NPD for Dec 09 already been released? As up til Dec. MS was having the best holiday season out of all 3 console makers...

As for Holiday 2010, the only big game I can think of at the moment would be Halo Reach. I'm not sure what other big name title is scheduled for that time frame. And probably won't have a good idea until E3.

Isn't this thread a bit premature? :D

Regards,
SB

Majority of posts moved to here for clear overlap of topics. Holiday sales predictions to re-open after E3 2010. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back