Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I think the Thanksgiving sale was better.

This one will last quite a bit longer and so far it has a lot more AAA titles in the pool.

I'm still hoping for a big discount on saints row IV, but given the critical acclaim it should remain over ~20€ for another half a year or so.

Bought Paranautical Activity ! That thing seems like a gem ! So many indie games are also discounted but don't show up on front page at all. Hard Reset complete is also just $3.75 I think I a getting that too.

EDIT: WTF do these Snow GLobe trading cards do anyway ??

EDIT: WTF do these Snow GLobe trading cards do anyway ??

Nothing really, it's just a Steam meta game. You collect cards from your games that offer them and once you've completed a badge you get gifts and more cards, plus a chance to get rare cards. One of the gifts is usually a time-expiring voucher for a good discount on a specific game. That voucher you can use or trade to friends.

The badge creation also gives you XP to your Steam "level", which is another Steam metagame where you unlock more and more capabilities for your profile over time, including more friend slots, different ways to setup your profile etc.

This one will last quite a bit longer and so far it has a lot more AAA titles in the pool.

I'm still hoping for a big discount on saints row IV, but given the critical acclaim it should remain over ~20€ for another half a year or so.

SR IV was on Nuuvem for $12 earlier in the month.

So far, I'm actually not that impressed either. The prices are not hitting their all-time low, which is unusual.

Nothing really, it's just a Steam meta game. You collect cards from your games that offer them and once you've completed a badge you get gifts and more cards, plus a chance to get rare cards. One of the gifts is usually a time-expiring voucher for a good discount on a specific game. That voucher you can use or trade to friends.

The badge creation also gives you XP to your Steam "level", which is another Steam metagame where you unlock more and more capabilities for your profile over time, including more friend slots, different ways to setup your profile etc.

You forgot to mention you can actually sell all those cards for real money. I don't think steam actually cashes out real money but you can use the money in your steam wallet to buy games. At ~0.25 for most cards it will take a while before you can actually buy a game but if you really don't care about the cards at all in time you'll get a free game out of it.

Picked up Resident Evil Revelations via GMG ($10 including the additional 20% off). Also picked up The Bridge a couple nights back.

Picked up Resident Evil Revelations via GMG ($10 including the additional 20% off). Also picked up The Bridge a couple nights back.

Got The Bridge as well, cool game! How is Resident Evil Revelations? I had bought Resident Evil 6 on the last sale but didn't really like it.

I bought Revelations awhile back. I haven't beaten it but it is alright. It reminds me of RE4 both graphically (3DS port) and because it has some story elements from it. Plays like other modern RE games except you have a scanner device to examine objects.

Assassin's creed 3 on sale today for $7.50, which leaves me with only black flag to go for my stream account. Though I still have yet to go through Brotherhood and revelations.

Got The Bridge as well, cool game!

Yeah. Pretty good at that price (short game kinda...). I still have to complete the mirror universe, but it's not really a priority. :p

How is Resident Evil Revelations? I had bought Resident Evil 6 on the last sale but didn't really like it.
It's... ok, I guess. I'm not very far into it at the moment (gonna wait until I set it up for TV really). It's my first Resident Evil ever, actually. :p Slow paced, move & shoot bullet sponges in corridors with a camera analyzer + Jill's butt. Kinda... pretty much what I wanted since Dead Space 3 went silly.

I read that there's new game+, so that's nice.

The raid mode might be fun for grinding. It seems like a survival speed run from point A to B, and you gain XP/cash for weapons and the sort. Can't recall if there's co-op.

The start-up screens are annoying (connecting to RE.net servers >_>).

On my 4650 mobility, it runs @ 900p30 with maxed in-game settings; textures/shadows... not always good/decent, but not bad considering it started on 3DS. Guess I should try forcing super sampling on my desktop when I get the chance.

Btw, the DLC is mostly just early unlocks that you can get from just playing the game, according to various folks. The two new characters and a couple weapons aren't, but they certainly don't appeal to me. :p

Bought DmC for 12 dollars and Metro last light for 13 dollars yesterday so no more budget left. I'll probably regret buying them because by the time I come around to actually playing them there will be another sale again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back