Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. The game is coming out not one but TWO years after BF3. it's not being turned into CoD where you get 17 every year if you count the handheld ports and the occasional wii port.
Lets be honest. You pay a lot of money on the basic BF3 game (about 50-60 EUR), which launched with only about 6 maps. Then they expect you quite some money to pay for each map pack containing a few maps (about 15 EUR per pack). Then they expect you to pay for a Premium package to get into the front of queues (about 50 EUR, but you get the map packs you didn't buy yet for "free"). And then they launch BF4 within 2 years and start the money ripping procedure all over again.

At least Blizzard dares to tell you in your face that you need a subscription to play World of Warcraft. ;)

Lets be honest. You pay a lot of money on the basic BF3 game (about 50-60 EUR), which launched with only about 6 maps. Then they expect you quite some money to pay for each map pack containing a few maps (about 15 EUR per pack). Then they expect you to pay for a Premium package to get into the front of queues (about 50 EUR, but you get the map packs you didn't buy yet for "free"). And then they launch BF4 within 2 years and start the money ripping procedure all over again.

At least Blizzard dares to tell you in your face that you need a subscription to play World of Warcraft. ;)

Yeah, that is exactly true. COD every year, so 60 Euros per year.
BF every two years (?) but Premium/MapPacks after one year..

PRoblem is, all gamers are dumb sheeps accepting everything game companies throw at them...and looking at my gaming behavior and which stuff I bought and play, every year again...I am one of the dumbest sheeps around...game devs and game publisher really are lucky that their business is so forgiving, that their customers...are dumb sheeps :smile:

So for someone that quickly got bored of Assasins Creed Brotherhood as being more of the same old same old, is there any point in buying AC Revelations?

No point whatsoever I'd wager, and I actually really, really enjoyed AC Brotherhood. For me it's been the pinnacle of the series thus far. I picked up AC Revelations a couple of months back on PSN, and I just can't get into it. It's a staggeringly boring, ill-paced and directionless mess of a game, and something about it feels completely off. The only thing keeping it from coming across as empty and cynical as your average movie tie-in are the surprisingly high production values. It's certainly a gorgeous game.

No point whatsoever I'd wager, and I actually really, really enjoyed AC Brotherhood. For me it's been the pinnacle of the series thus far. I picked up AC Revelations a couple of months back on PSN, and I just can't get into it. It's a staggeringly boring, ill-paced and directionless mess of a game, and something about it feels completely off. The only thing keeping it from coming across as empty and cynical as your average movie tie-in are the surprisingly high production values. It's certainly a gorgeous game.

I bought Brotherhood and Revelations. I'm playing Brotherhood right now and it's really fun so far (it's stopping me from trying Max Payne 3 and Mass Effect 3 so that's a good sign).

I don't know how Revelations is, but looking at the release dates and how the games look/feel, I can't stop thinking why they didn't just make an Assassin's Creed III out of Brotherhood + Revelations.

Playing AC II and then AC III should be a mess in the story's continuity..

Then again, wikipedia is telling me that Revelations was initially supposed to be a 3DS title (Lost Legacy), hence the apparent lack of dedication in the argument part.

Dungeon Defenders is awesome. It was well worth the flash sale price I paid ;)
I'm liking the game play ... but I wish they had a single player campaign with a little less self determined challenge level (ie. if it had non random gear, no XP bonuses and no extra rewards for repeating a level). You still have to learn the tactics, but essentially it's a means to a cause ... a tool you use in efficient grinding.

Yeah, that is exactly true. COD every year, so 60 Euros per year.
BF every two years (?) but Premium/MapPacks after one year..

PRoblem is, all gamers are dumb sheeps accepting everything game companies throw at them...and looking at my gaming behavior and which stuff I bought and play, every year again...I am one of the dumbest sheeps around...game devs and game publisher really are lucky that their business is so forgiving, that their customers...are dumb sheeps :smile:

DICE is making the maps and it isn't unfair for them to ask people to pay for them. At least I don't think it is. Besides I haven't bought any and I still play BF3 sometimes. It works fine.

Is the L.A. Nwar PC port supposed to be any good?

The actual game isn't any good. Broken interrogation system, terrible shooting and driving, lifeless city with nothing to do, uninteresting characters... The main reason it sold well is because it had millions in marketing and a Rockstar logo on its box.

Dont forget Bloodlines is still being actively worked on. Get the official 1.2 patch than the unofficial 8.1 patch
http://forum.dlh.net/thread.php?threadid=37032

There is no need for the official patch since the UP contains it.

Is the plus version the one to go?

Yes.

The Basic version consists of bugfixes that do not dramatically alter Troika's vision for the game. The Plus version makes more significant changes including the reintroduction of cut content and numerous other improvements that go above and beyond what the developers may have intended.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_–_Bloodlines

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual game isn't any good. Broken interrogation system, terrible shooting and driving, lifeless city with nothing to do, uninteresting characters... The main reason it sold well is because it had millions in marketing and a Rockstar logo on its box.

Dozens of professional reviewers seem to strongly disagree with you, as well as the juries that awarded the game.

And even if all its reviews were a product of media conspiracy, the user scores would reflect that, but the user score in metacritic is 7.6, which is really good too.

I haven't played the game. I bought it but didn't play it yet, I just wanted to say that your opinion on the game is opposite to most of the people who played it.

Well it sounds like the PC port may not be very good, although I would not be using any of the features Mize listed anyway.

It's very much more of the same. There's a couple more unique-type mutants with new abilities (common denominator being they're all fast as fuck, and dangerous), more types of weapons, a few more gameplay gimmicks and so on, but nothing that actually changes the game. It's still the same game.

Oh, brighter colors too, I might add.

Dozens of professional reviewers seem to strongly disagree with you, as well as the juries that awarded the game.

And even if all its reviews were a product of media conspiracy, the user scores would reflect that, but the user score in metacritic is 7.6, which is really good too..

"Professional" ones lol. They are not critics, they are just the extensions of publishers' PR departments. And publishers want to exert as much influence on them as possible because MC scores and sales seem to intrinsically linked - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...rectly_Impact_Consumer_Purchasing_Opinion.php.

Metacritic scores have morphed into something completely degenerate. Obsidian didn't get their bonuses because NV didn't score 85+ on it (it scored 84).

Three out four best reviews of the game on the internet:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6625747/la-noire (this is one of the best pieces of games criticism you ever had the chance to read)
http://killscreendaily.com/articles/reviews/review-l-noire/
http://www.richardcobbett.com/journal/the-shadows-of-la-noire/

The fourth one is on the site in my signature, but since it requires a subscription to view it I can't link to it.

I just wanted to say that your opinion on the game is opposite to most of the people who played it.

Is it wrong to disagree with the masses? Or do we have to suffer the repressive tolerance?

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, and without having played the game myself, I listen to a tonne of podcasts, and most of the people played it were initially quite enthusiastic (biggest downside they give initially is that the open world is devoid of anything to do), but that enthusiasm tapered off, basically complaining that while the story was a good driving factor for this game and the interrogation bit interesting, in combination with the excellent acting, but then after the second(?) act, it disappoints.

And this is the console version. I don't know if there are specific issues with the PC version.

Omg. He just asked if there are issues with the pc version. Personally I'd say, treat it like a tech demo and you can't go wrong. After all it's why any of us were really interested. But to your point, I dont own it but from what I have read, there were numerous issues upon PC launch, most of which have been remedied now, or have documented workarounds. Performance is widely quoted to be "similar to GTA IV".

DICE is making the maps and it isn't unfair for them to ask people to pay for them. At least I don't think it is. Besides I haven't bought any and I still play BF3 sometimes. It works fine.

I did not say that it is unfair.
But, why only a handful of maps with the game release?
Come on, it is about money making. Nothing wrong with that, everyone does and everyone tries to push the customer as far as he can.
But I don't have to say that I am happy with everything gaming companies do...and I do not speak about DICE particularly...just an actual example.

Im playing LA Noire right now and i like it a lot. I like the combination of interrogating, searching for clues, boxing, driving, shooting and chasing people. The city is full of detail and the character animations are one of the best. I already played more than 15 hours and im still not bored. Definitely one of the best games ive played this year.

It runs smoothly on my HD7850 with everything maxed out so IMO its not a bad port.

I did not say that it is unfair.
But, why only a handful of maps with the game release?
Come on, it is about money making. Nothing wrong with that, everyone does and everyone tries to push the customer as far as he can.
But I don't have to say that I am happy with everything gaming companies do...and I do not speak about DICE particularly...just an actual example.

I finally finished the extremely disappointing SP campaign this weekend and have never played BF3 multi yet I've already purchased premium. Why?

I have enjoyed countless hours playing DICE's games and I know there are a few hundred hours of BF3 in my future. $50 is a joke amount of money for what I have gotten and will get in return.

Yes a lot of games are overpriced and not worth the money. However I hate to see people gripe over a few measly dollars for a good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back