Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a law in the EU that you can buy from any webshop within the EU and get the prices they are offfering? And if so, every one in the western part of the EU would either buy from the Eastern European steam shop, or complain to the EU that they are not allowed to buy from them. AFAIK there is an exemption for the UK, as with many other things in the EU, for this.

Oh sorry yes valve does set prices for its own games
but for others its the dev or the publisher

"My answer is simple: otherwise your company will have zero sales in less wealthy countries. If average monthly salary in Poland is 550€ a month (after taxes) how many people would buy computer games if they would cost 50€ a piece?"

Sorry why do they have to cost 50 euro's ? if valve globally priced portal 2 at 110pln then there would not be zero sales of it in your country
Do we not agree discrimination is wrong ???

Damm the average pole earned 500% more than me last month :(

As it is now law IS NOT forbidding this otherwise i would not be able to buy boxed Batman AC for 120PLN (26€).
Maybe, maybe not ... no one expected Karen Murphy to win either, the law as interpreted by the ECJ can be hard to predict ... and huge commercial interests can get it horribly wrong on occasion.

Oh sorry yes valve does set prices for its own games
but for others its the dev or the publisher

"My answer is simple: otherwise your company will have zero sales in less wealthy countries. If average monthly salary in Poland is 550€ a month (after taxes) how many people would buy computer games if they would cost 50€ a piece?"

Sorry why do they have to cost 50 euro's ? if valve globally priced portal 2 at 110pln then there would not be zero sales of it in your country
Do we not agree discrimination is wrong ???

Damm the average pole earned 500% more than me last month :(

I gave the 50€ number because that's the usual price for the AAA titles on release on steam whereas in Poland AAA games can be had for 110-120PLN on release.
This is not discrimination - its pricing your products according to market demand.
Discrimination is when you have one product in your country (EU) but seller is trying to forbid you to buy it from different seller based in other country (EU). So no one can forbid you to buy Batman AC from Poland because if they could, that would be consumer discrimination. On the other hand no one can forbid a company to set different prices for different countries - i think that's obvious.

PS Sorry to hear you had a bad month. I wish next one will be much better.

valve dont set game prices
and I dont believe in regional pricing, its a global market why should I be charged a different price just because of where I live.
Of course publishers being what they are set the global price based on the highest regional price and not the lowest
In a perfect world that could be true. But the fact of life is that pricing depends on a lot of factors like average income, culture, competition, taxes, etc.. In the European Union all these factors differ quite a lot per country. Therefore we have regional pricing.

Bought Arkham Asylum , beat Hazard and Polynomial ! Is Beat Hazard innovative n unique?

Will be getting Solar Wings from Desura, hows that game ?

I've bought a bunch of older / relatively unknown stuff. I got both Necrovision games, Nexus Jupiter Incident, old Half Life expansions, Skydrift, Singularity, Hunted Demon Forge, Darksiders and Comanche 4. Nexus is pretty damn cool IMO - a space tactical strategy that I missed.

http://www.games-plant.com/nexus2/

Just bought Bulletstorm for $5.

Rage for $15 is possibly the best money I've spent on gaming this year. I *love* this game.

I guess this means your prior post on how much you are disappointed with Rage was premature? ;)

Rage for $15 is possibly the best money I've spent on gaming this year. I *love* this game.

I had to pay £7.49 for Bulletstorm :???:. Didn't know US Dollar is more expensive than Pound ...

Oh well, I've enjoyed demo on box of eggs so I'm sure I will get my money worth of entertainment.

Also got Anomaly, will see if it's any good but I simply love Defensegrid, so if this is anything similar it should be fine :D

Wow, your tune has changed a bit, eh? I bought the id pack since I've long since lost all of them. Played a couple hours of Rage and like it so far.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

I've bought a bunch of older / relatively unknown stuff. I got both Necrovision games, Nexus Jupiter Incident, old Half Life expansions, Skydrift, Singularity, Hunted Demon Forge, Darksiders and Comanche 4. Nexus is pretty damn cool IMO - a space tactical strategy that I missed.

http://www.games-plant.com/nexus2/

I guess this means your prior post on how much you are disappointed with Rage was premature? ;)

I won Hunted from the Steam Gift Pile yesterday. I'll be trying it out soon.

I won Hunted from the Steam Gift Pile yesterday.
You saying that prompted me to check my own inventory, and I now have 2 coal, a Valve -33% voucher, plus a HL2 and a HL2:EP2 game gift.

Anyone want any of these? None of them are of any use to me, so just give a holler, or something...

You saying that prompted me to check my own inventory, and I now have 2 coal, a Valve -33% voucher, plus a HL2 and a HL2:EP2 game gift.

Anyone want any of these? None of them are of any use to me, so just give a holler, or something...

Would be great if u can give me the coal :) ! Steam id : RenegadeRocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back