Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought The WItcher 1 ! Was gonna buy it from GOG for $5, but here its $2.49 ;) ! It seems to be th eonly worth buying title today. Don't wanna bloat my HDD with titles I will never play.

You know you can buy them but not actually download and install them right? :)

Did you folks see what the Grand Prize was this year?

Every single game on Steam

:oops: That's a pretty damn good grand prize!

Did you folks see what the Grand Prize was this year?

Every single game on Steam

:oops: That's a pretty damn good grand prize!

Insane!

I wonder how big single HDD partition you would need to install all of them at once (knowing Steam can't split game folders over separate drives).

I fear it might exceed 4 TB at which point some hard links are going to be mandatory for those with mere mortal piles of treasure in their lair.

Steam can't but you and hard-link.

That's how we do it at work. Steamapps folder is on the 10TB NAS, then just symlink the steamapps folder on the PCs to the steampps folder on the NAS. So far every game has worked doing this, though a few games have an odd bug where they delete the main exe when you exit the game. It has to do with the steam DRM that generates an exe for each specific PC. Not a big deal, just verify local files and it's fixed.

Up to 700GB in our steamapps folder now, and that's only ~200 games. I can't even imagine how big the entire steam library is.

I have nearly half a tera of steam games (480GB plus change), and thinking of how many games I DON'T have is just staggering. Cracking 4TB shouldn't be much of a problem at all I'd think.

I've got a bit over 250-ish games on Steam and about 1/3rd of them are uninstalled (tons of 15GB+ games I don't play often) and the 850GB partition specially reserved for Steam has just about 20GB of free space at the moment. 4TB is peanuts, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire library takes twice that.

Bought Brink for a friend and grabbed it myself in case it was half decent and could play coop with him. Wow serious issues on my 5770. Crashes frequently, horrible graphics lag making it unplayable with everything even turned town to lowest. I recommend staying away!

I bought SkyDrift. Fun little airplane arcade racer!

On the topic of indie, Sanctum is a cool take on tower defense. It's essentially a first person Defense Grid. Unreal Engine 3 with visuals similar to Mirror's Edge. Fun.

I bought a whole slew of games last year during the sale; this year not a single one. Now, it goes on until jan. 2nd, but so far it has been rather disappointing I must say.

Would anyone be willing to trade their spare copy of Saints Row 3 for some coal? Looking to do it as a gift to my brother.

*Edit* I have 3 x Coal, 1 x 25% off Valve voucher and one copy of Monster Tricks Nitro to trade (though I'd prefer to keep Monster Trucks Nitro!!) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back