Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked singualrity (true it was goddam awful before the texture streaming was fixed)
but it was a typical raven game as in they never tend to make "greatest game evar" but what they do produce is a solid well done shooter

I already own most of games from today sale, but the packs make me think. Really good Codemasters pack if anyone is into racing games.

I do hope for super discounted Rage so I won't have any regrets buying it :smile:
Also Skyrim would be great at 50% but I doubt they will dare, it's too new ...

Codemasters does look good, but then I'd have to buy a wheel and feel really silly :)

Anyone recommend a good wheel?

I really liked singualrity (true it was goddam awful before the texture streaming was fixed)
but it was a typical raven game as in they never tend to make "greatest game evar" but what they do produce is a solid well done shooter
Hmmmm.... reconsidering....

Actually, I'm working on Terminator Future Shock for the first time. This game was way ahead of its time. It's even more interesting than Fallout 3 to me because of the setting and it has rudimentary vehicles.

My inventory isn't even working right as of this moment and the last hour. :(
Steam said I was supposed to get a gift as part of the christmas sale event, but I haven't. My inventory's completely empty. Not sure if I can be bothered to contact support about it or not, if I haven't gotten any gift then chances are potentially lots of other people haven't either who probably HAVE contacted support, leading to a ticket backlog out the wazoo...

Hopefully they'll fix it on their own in a day or so.

Steam said I was supposed to get a gift as part of the christmas sale event, but I haven't. My inventory's completely empty. Not sure if I can be bothered to contact support about it or not, if I haven't gotten any gift then chances are potentially lots of other people haven't either who probably HAVE contacted support, leading to a ticket backlog out the wazoo...

I would be one of those people that filed a ticket.

I got a couponfor 50% off any Valve Title. If any one wants to trade it for a game, I am open. There's no Valve game I am interested in right now. The coupon is valid from Jan 2nd to March 1st 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DCS A-10 Warthog game for $20 is sort of tempting.

How have I missed that!?
Thanks for pointing me to this game, I was waiting for it to go on sale!
Their DCS: Black Shark is amazing :smile:. Took me close to 2 hours of googling and watching training videos just to start that f**** helicopter!

In the basket now :D

Anyone recommend a good wheel?

Unless you want to spend silly money its between Logitech and Thrustmaster

thrustmaster 458 italia

thrustmaster f430

thrustmaster rgt

has a clutch pedal but the gears are only sequential

Logitech driving force pro (sequential)

If you need 3 pedals and a proper H shifter you need to spend a bit more

Logitech G27

Note the thustmasters only turn 270 degrees while the logitechs turn 900 degrees (like a normal car)
I dont see it as much of an issue but I have a friend who isnt really a gamer but does drive and he cant stand the wheel being set to less than 900

ps: read
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61305
(r-factor has fantastic multi monitor support)

Thanks Davros. Do you play driving games? Which wheel (if any)?
Do the clutch pedals actually make a difference and are they supported by (m)any games?

TM wheels generally have a better build quality and feel to them (i.e. plenty of aluminium and heavy rubber) where Logitech's can feel a bit plastic.

We've used this set at events plenty and though I don't know the price, it's PC/PS3 and has a wicked pedal set.

297151_267062919999993_111253142247639_829632_1202391356_n.jpg

Been reading on wheels (very productive work day for me eh?) and that g25 is quite sought after - fetching $500 US new in box. Apparently the loss of the [edit]sequential shift thing is a biggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
neliz, I think I ran across that one today and it was ~$600. Pretty steep. The 270 degree thing is a bit annoying though...

Apparently the loss of the [edit]sequential shift thing is a biggie.

the g25 has a toggle that switches the shifter between sequential + 7 speed(H) shifter,the g27 doesnt but as both it and the g27 also have flappy paddles (official technical term) I don't see why it matters much (unless its realism, many gtr style cars have a sequential stick)

ps: for a better idea there are video reviews of wheels on youtube

g27

f-430

Rgt

driving force gt (it mentions its detected as a df-pro that may be fixed by now with newer drivers i dont know)
Edit: it is

I have been disappointed by the force feedback paired with 700° turning of the Logitech DFP. The motor inside restricts movement and has a whining noise due to friction. I guess a Frex or ECCI Trackstar would be better.

Of course it depends on what kind of racing you prefer and if you actually need that much rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back