Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars TFU for $15. I was patient and now it's here. lol.

~24GB tho!!!!!! Gonna take many many hours to get this beast.

Star Wars TFU for $15. I was patient and now it's here. lol.

~24GB tho!!!!!! Gonna take many many hours to get this beast.

Took me 7 hours to beat it on my 360.

I thought it was a pretty bad god of war rip off , but I hope you enjoy the game for $15 bucks its most likely worth it.

Been playing a bit of DXIW. Found a nice texture pack for it. Also got it widescreen modded with the help of WSGF. Such quaint little maps..... I tend to forget what the game's like after a year or so and have to rediscover it lol.

Been playing a bit of DXIW. Found a nice texture pack for it. Also got it widescreen modded with the help of WSGF. Such quaint little maps..... I tend to forget what the game's like after a year or so and have to rediscover it lol.

There is an amusing physics bug with it too. On one of the early missions there is an apartment with a skylight. Lure a guard or two up there and kill them. Then put the bodies on the skylight. Without touching the bodies or shooting them shoot through the skylight and shatter it. Congratulations you now have hover-bodies. :)

At least till they interact with another physics event or object and then they fall down like they should.

I'm playing it since last Holiday Sale!
Awesome :D

Indeed it is. I'm also positively surprised at the quality of the visuals. It isn't really an old game alright, but as far as I'm concerned it looks clearly superior than, let's say, Dragon Age Origins. The cloned NPCs are a little too obvious though - I walked into a small village and the first thing I witnessed were three 100% identical dudes standing at the gates (greeting me with the exact same voices no less) - was kinda funny, if a bit distracting.

It stutters on my 3870 + Phenom II X2 550 sys. It's not THAT bad though and really I think every open world game like this stutters.

This weekend bundle of all Codemaster racing games for €16, also 75% discount on single games - Dirt 2 for €12.49

Can't argue with that.

did they ever address the performance issues with GTA IV on the PC? I'm not worried about my own rig, but my g/f only has a Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz, 2gb ram and an 8800gt 512mb. Last I read she'd have to run at medium settings and it would STILL stutter. :rolleyes:

Quad core would help quite a bit in GTAIV. PC version is FUBARed because PC isn't Rockstar's primary paltform, they've just shovelled it out the door to get it released while the hype is still on. Making a PC version was about extending the market and making a quick buck at the lowest possible cost to the company. Those in charge do not see that the return is worth the cost of porting it properly.

Yeah the crazy $17 Codemasters bundle is a solid reason that Steam is not such a bad thing after all. ;) Yikes!

Those in charge do not see that the return is worth the cost of porting it properly.
Well they have patched GTA4 quite a bit so somebody cares. I don't think it's THAT bad really. It looks great and runs fine even on my archaic-by-B3D-standards Radeon 3870 on a dual core. Granted I play it on a TV at 1360x768 though.

I just drive around and cause chaos and ignore the actual storyline, however. I never intended to buy it back when it was $50, but my bro did so I had to check it out. Now days it sells at <$10 frequently and who can complain about that?

It's $7.50 again right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just put up Chrome and Chrome Specforce for a few $$ each. :D

I thought the original was ahead of its time in some ways. Call it the Far Cry of 2003. It has a bit too much of the amazing AI-that-can't-miss though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they have patched GTA4 quite a bit so somebody cares.

I guess after they've realised what they've done, but the damage was already there. ;)

They just put up Chrome and Chrome Specforce for a few $$ each. :D

I thought the original was ahead of its time in some ways. Call it the Far Cry of 2003. It has a bit too much of the amazing AI-that-can't-miss though.

The original was okayish to me, but the Specforce was just plain boring. Probably because it came out after the FC, HL2, Fear. They've raised the bar, especially the Crytek's first baby :).

Btw, I think that the thread should be renamed to just "Steam Sale" (and renamed again when the Holidays come :)) and maybe even pinned at the top, so that it ends at the first page of the sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back