Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot more, but on the evil child of Microsoft (Xcube or something)

There's no need for language like that

EDIT: WOW I've just checked size of my Steam folder and ... 257GB!! :oops: Davros, how did you know?

Like I said I used to be the guardian of a "Hallowed 250gb of Gaming Goodness"
in fact I've been a guardian of many important religious artifacts going back to the "Sainted 30mb of Gaming Goodness"

I didn't! :cry:
Read this:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=52620

Looking at Lightmans list, that equates to a "Hallowed 250gb of Gaming Goodness" I used to have one of those :D
It's good to see an artifact of such religious importance has been uncovered I may have to make a pilgrimage to visit it and worship the gaming gods

Heh, I wouldn't want to say how much I have. :p But needless to say, if I were to install all the games I've had since I started gaming...ummm. Naw, wouldn't want to make Davros feel bad. ;) I'll remain the gaming hermit in my cave. :D

Regards,
SB

Had? you dont still have them.You lost important religious artifacts! they must be preserved for future generations, that saddens the Gaming Gods. I've got mine, going back to the first game i bought in 1982 Zork Somehow I dont think I will be the one feeling bad ;)

Imagine a world after the nuclear holocaust, the cities in rubble people starving and miserable, then one day while searching for food in the rubble of what used to be my house, some survivors come across the Sacred Terabyte, hesitantly they plug it in and low and behold Gaming Goodness, the people of the world are no longer miserable cheered up by the goodness they look upon life with new found optimism and decide to re build the planet. See I have single handedly saved the world, have you no, because you lost the Goodness.

Had? you dont still have them.You lost important religious artifacts! they must be preserved for future generations, that saddens the Gaming Gods. I've got mine, going back to the first game i bought in 1982 Zork Somehow I dont think I will be the one feeling bad ;)

Imagine a world after the nuclear holocaust, the cities in rubble people starving and miserable, then one day while searching for food in the rubble of what used to be my house, some survivors come across the Sacred Terabyte, hesitantly they plug it in and low and behold Gaming Goodness, the people of the world are no longer miserable cheered up by the goodness they look upon life with new found optimism and decide to re build the planet. See I have single handedly saved the world, have you no, because you lost the Goodness.

Oh I still have them, original boxes even. :) But don't have them installed. ;) When I was still doing a lot of LAN gaming I used to make ISO's so I wouldn't have to take the discs along with me (for some reason I don't trust cracked .exe's so I'd make copies with Alcohol 120, does that even exist still?) Anyway, back then a few years back I'd already had about 1.5 TB of games. I had to use a HD docking bay in a USB enclosure to be able to swap drives (in HD trays) depending on what game we were playing. :D

Not sure I actually saved much in way of carting stuff to LAN sessions, but at least I didn't risk damaging/losing the originals.

Regards,
SB

Steam has the complete XCOM pack (Apocalypse, Enforcer, Interceptor, Terror from the Deep, UFO Defense) for sale for $2 this weekend. A bargain for anyone who hasn't played them and probably worth buying if you already do.

Certainly hope someone will get round to making a modern XCOM game but I'm probably being too optimistic...

I loved XCOM back in the day but I doubt it aged well so even at $2 I'm not gonna grab something that I'll never play. A modern remake would be sweet though.

Yeah I jumped on this $2 deal lol. $2!!! :D

I own X-Com UFO Defense. Well I did at one point anyway lol. Like 1994-1998. It's still residing in a zip file on my HDD. It's a timeless classic IMO. The gameplay hasn't aged at all and the graphics have a DOS charm that I love too.

But I decided to get this pack because it was an opportunity to see all the other games. I've been curious about Apocalypse since forever but never tried it. And the crappy "diversify the franchise" Enforcer and Interceptor are curious in their own way. Terror from the Deep is essentially a total conversion for the original game.

Mount and Blade is 4.99 this weekend.

This is a pretty cool little title which has sword fighting and horse riding that just feel right and not many titles can claim that (disclaimer: I'm not an expert on these things in real life :p).

Recommended!

Mount and Blade is 4.99 this weekend.

This is a pretty cool little title which has sword fighting and horse riding that just feel right and not many titles can claim that (disclaimer: I'm not an expert on these things in real life :p).

Recommended!

M&B felt like I was playing something from 1999, like trying to imitate Morrowind with the original Unreal engine.
Mediocre combat, though blocking works nicely, it's not that hard when you have about two hours in advance to see where the hit will land. Like I said, this might've worked if they released it ten years ago, but for $5 there are so many more and better games available.

M&B felt like I was playing something from 1999, like trying to imitate Morrowind with the original Unreal engine.
Mediocre combat, though blocking works nicely, it's not that hard when you have about two hours in advance to see where the hit will land. Like I said, this might've worked if they released it ten years ago, but for $5 there are so many more and better games available.

Not sure how it got a 72 and a user score of 8.8 on metacritic if it were really that dire, but to each his own. I do think your 'Mediocre combat' comment can pretty much only be explained by not actually having played it for more than a few minutes. The combat system is pretty much unique and very intuitive.

I'm enjoying mount and blade. Works well on my laptop dual core athlon 1.6ghz and a radeon 4330 with 512mb of ddr 3

Wings of Prey is going for half price or €17.49

I was waiting for that to happen! :p

Now Wings of Prey is on its way to my HDD!
I rate every Il-2 successor very highly so paying £15 for this game is the least I can do to help PC simulation continue to exist!

Bring more please!
(Also just thinking about FSX from Amazon for £9....) :devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back