Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would ANYONE want to play anything other than the original X-Com game? :D

I just love the old DOS looks of the original game. TFTD was just a cash in so I avoided it. Apocalypse got more complex and had problems so meh there too.....

TFTD has some excellent weapons

Over steam holiday sales I bought Trials 2, GTA IV (Which I won't play for a long time), Lumines and Torchlight. Would have bought more if I had a gfx card better than current Intel GMA 950.

Up until these sales I had given up on steam, but I have to say I have been rather impressed by the sheer scale of this recent sale. I took the opportunity to purchase GTAIV, Chronicles of Riddick, Prey, Bioshock and The Witcher... all for just over £20!

If they did this more often and maybe reduced their prices across the board I am sure a lot of people would pay for games instead of downloading them illegally.

If they did this more often and maybe reduced their prices across the board I am sure a lot of people would pay for games instead of downloading them illegally.

The thing is, Steam prices seem to be higher than B&M prices in general. Take the BF2 pack for example. Where Steam should be cheaper, the general pricing (in the EU region at least) seems to be a €5 mark-up on games.

The thing is, Steam prices seem to be higher than B&M prices in general. Take the BF2 pack for example. Where Steam should be cheaper, the general pricing (in the EU region at least) seems to be a €5 mark-up on games.

Exactly. I order nearly all of my PC games from Play.com. Just two weeks ago I picked up L4D2 for £17.99, which was £17 cheaper than on Steam at the time! I thought the whole idea behind digital distribution was that it removed the middle men and would be cheaper for the consumer. It seems Valve are still content to keep their prices as close to RRP in order to obtain more profit!

It seems Valve are still content to keep their prices as close to RRP in order to obtain more profit!

Those evil bastards! :eek:

That being said, I assure you, the whole idea behind digital distribution was not to make things cheaper for the consumer.

And as long as retail B&M and etailer stores exist, there will be HUGE opposition to any move from a publisher to make DD cheaper than Boxed Retail.

Regards,
SB

The only game I picked up was Indigo Prophecy and I'm not regretting it.

I've heard it's a fantastic game, I'm thinking of buying it but I'm unsure whether I'll enjoy the type of gameplay or not, It's a point and click adventure/investigation game?

Thanks Davros, may I ask you a question?
What do you think of King's Bounty: Armored princess, is it worth buying, if you've played it.

I just downloaded the Prenumbra: Black Plague demo, should be interesting and scary to say the least, from what I've heard.

My list is a bit extreme!
Don't tell my wife ;)

1. The Witcher (now playing)
2. Jade Empire
3. Stalker: CS (for me)
4. Stalker: SoC (gift for my brother)
5. Crysis Maximum (gift for my brother)
6. Defense Grid (gift for my brother)
7. Alpha Prime (works on my laptop - GF7300Go :oops:)
8. Battlefield 2
9. Burnout Paradise (loved demo on XBOX, besides I'm a racer!)
10. Mr. Robot (was cheap and I like games in which logic plays a role)
11. Street Fighter IV (my last good kick'n'punch game I've played was Dead or Alive so something new and refreshing. Looks amazing btw)
12. Braid
13. Sniper Elite
14. Trials 2 (gift for my brother)

I hope I've remembered all my purchases from this SALE :smile:

PS. Davros can I be your padawan and join brotherhood of 'Guardian of the "Sacred Terabyte of Gaming Goodness™" ' ;)

Wow Lightman, you went nuts.

I bought:
Stalker: SoC (+ 2009 complete MOD)
World in Conflict Pack
Company of Heroes
Crysis Max
Civ IV
Max Payne pack
Left4Dead

It also inspired me to dig through old boxes and find about 20 some odd oldies but goodies...I feel like Davros Jr.

Heh glad the Steam deals period is over, it was slowly killing me.

Got:
Ghostbusters (played till 4th chapter, tired of it)
STALKER: SoC (now a veteran scientist, ready with Rostok quests. On hold for now)
Torchlight (dabbled, 4 achievements, on hold for now)
Orange box (finished episodes 1 and 2, 1 sucked 2 was good stuff. Still wanna play Portal)
Civilisation IV (gift for the missus)
Bioshock (required fair bit of fiddling to not crash and get sound to work, this'll probably be next)
Street Fighter IV (played it once, not really my thing but eh)
Crysis Complete (not played any of em yet)
Mass Effect (not played yet)
Mount & Blade (gift from my brother, awesome play mechanics)

I guess it was high time for some catching up tho, missed so many gems the last 3 years.

I've actually been playing with keyboard/mouse. It's okay if you configure it correctly (WASD).

Shame about the 360 pad, I really wanted to use it but the game fails to detect the right thumbstick :cry:

Keep in mind the Steam version is censored. I don't care much for digital sexy time, but seeing Carla take a shower with her bra on is kinda weird.

I've now played some Prenumbra: Black plague and, wow!
it's a first person horror adventure game, with detailed environments, atmospheric sounds and physics which remind me of Half-life 2, fantastic gameplay with lots of creative problem solving.

I was about to start a new thread about it, share my experience and information about the game itself, I had written a long post and gathered some screenshots (yes I was proud) and then, when I was going to post it, I was logged out from the forum. My post dissapeared :cry:.

Well, atleast I can provide a link to the demo, I strongly recommend it (it contains horror though, don't forget the "escape" button on your keyboard while playing, have it close to you, just like I had):
http://www.gamershell.com/download_23484.shtml

You should try also Penumbra: Overture, which is the first in the series (also imho better than black plague).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back