Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold day in hell I'll play a shooter with a controller given an alternative.

I guess but I'm willing to give it a go for a third person console port. Played the demo on PS3 and the controls were ok (still not up to kb/mouse of course)

Crysis + Warhead on Steam for $14. Bought! Just in time for the Mech mod :)

Todays deals are bloody excellent:

Crysis + Warhead for £10.19/$14

Shattered Horizon for $5/£.3.75

Street Fighter for $10/£7.50

HL: Source for £1.50/$2.50

Darwinia/Multiwinia pack for $3/£1.75

Just insane, they somehow manage to pump out better deals every day, my PC backlog has become a mountain, I think I've got enough to keep me going for the rest of the year.

Dang, european prices are a bit different, the crysis pack is €16.98 and we have medieval 2 for €2,49

hl source = half life in new engine - yes
does it do anything for opposing force ?

no, HL-Source is a pretty ugly version.. not everything is pretty sourcy and blue-shift etc. are unaffected as far as I know.

Crysis + Warhead on Steam for $14. Bought! Just in time for the Mech mod :)

Yup, scored! Also got SF4.

I just have way too much to play now :)

And the funny thing is the $2 Stalker grabbed me more than anything so far..

Cold day in hell I'll play a shooter with a controller given an alternative.
PC shooters do suck on gamepads because the autoaim the consoles "enjoy" isn't there.

It's funny though that Crysis will automap itself to a 360 pad on PC. It is very hard to actually accomplish anything in the game however.

The Warhead physical copy I own has a DRM protection [I hate it]
Does the same rules apply for digital copies ?

The Warhead physical copy I own has a DRM protection [I hate it]
Does the same rules apply for digital copies ?

what do you mean?

it's bound to steam, so if you download a patched .exe from the EA site, it means you can run it only once before it gets replaced by the steam executable.

What I mean is do the Digital Copies too face DRM limitations of 5 installs just like the physical copies, if yes then how ? Cause steam installs are diff from normal installs, you can just copy the .gcf files on a storage media & then paste it again whenever you want to make the game work.

Anyways bought Shattered Horizon...dont really expect a nice performance from my now outdated rig,but maybe I'll get a 5750 this month :)

A few day ago I signed up for Steam, even though I hate DRM et al, I find it very good (I prefer GOG, but in the last few monthy they did not release anything I want to buy). Need to test it on my laptop for the old stuff I bought.

Now I could get the Sam & Max season 1 and 2 for 15 EUR, some great one day deals... Too bad I missed the Dragon Age deal, I payed the whole whooping 55 EUR for it.

Too bad I cannot buy X-Com Apocalypse, seems it is limited to those in other regions.

Hello Davros,

thanks for your recommandations.

As I already bought the Ufo/X-Com games several times (too much hassle to make it all work, want the no brainer experience). I only want to buy them from GOG or Steam, don't want to add another download provider... :)

Thanks for reminding me of Alien Invasion, did not played it for a year or so, see that they have worked hard on updates, will install it (lets see if it works on Windows 7).

Thanks again and enjoy...

Why would ANYONE want to play anything other than the original X-Com game? :D

I just love the old DOS looks of the original game. TFTD was just a cash in so I avoided it. Apocalypse got more complex and had problems so meh there too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back