Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thoughts on Mirror's Edge also. I guess I'm just one of those people that loves FPS games but just doesn't "get" this one. Was wasted money for me, ah well...

Regards,
SB

Well the fact that its not an FPS title might have something to do with that? Its a momentum based first person platformer and has a lot more in common with the old Sonic the Hedgehog titles than any modern FPS. Probably my goty, the underlying platforming mechanics are perfectly implemented, the level design excellent and the visuals in the PC version are simply stunning.

Well the fact that its not an FPS title might have something to do with that? Its a momentum based first person platformer and has a lot more in common with the old Sonic the Hedgehog titles than any modern FPS. Probably my goty, the underlying platforming mechanics are perfectly implemented, the level design excellent and the visuals in the PC version are simply stunning.

To each their own...

If Overlord II hadn't come out Mirror's Edge would easily have been my most disappointing game of the year. And I love platformers when done well, played the hell out of Sonic back on the Genesis. As I said, I just don't "get" this one.

Just personal preference, but platforming in first person just did not work for me, leaves me cold... Probably would have liked it better had it been in a more traditional 3rd person view.

Regards,
SB

I downloaded ME to support DICE and just got the Burnout pack since I actually had some fun with that on the PS3.

Episode 1, 2, and Portal for me today. And I can't resist Bioshock any longer..

Red Faction Guerrilla is some weird hybrid between a steam and GFW game ... GFW wants to download updates but because steam installed it it can't find the install path, sigh. Have to run the update manually. It also won't save your custom key settings until you have a GFW profile ... charming.

PS. even more charming, they let you think you can reconfigure your keybindings ... but then the first time you get into a vehicle you find out that forward/backward for normal vehicles is hard coded (they remembered for tanks, but forgot to use it for normal vehicles???). Goddamn console developers ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Today for me Burnout!

But I've laughed at Prey 'SOLD OUT' text :LOL:
Our sale on Prey was so popular we ran out of keys!! If we can get more, we'll try to bring this deal back. In the meantime, 2K Games has added BioShock to the set of daily deals on Steam, at 75% OFF today only.

That's nice!

I never do for instance (W and X) since my fingers are too big for most keyboards, I use S to "Use" for instance.

Problem solved you have to be logged in and in a game you cant do it before you load a game or it wont stick

esdf has the normal blind typing hand position (nice for games where you sometimes communicate with typed text) and allows you to use more mapped keys more easily (function keys are less convenient). A decent argument can be made for rdfg, even more keys in easy reach, but wasd is just completely and utterly inferior.

PS. Davros, thanks ... it seems I'm just blind and stupid, although you would kind of expect that on the axis menu with all the other movement related keys wouldn't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
wasd cramps my pinky painfully when left shift and ctrl are used...ouch. Need to remap...

esdf has the normal blind typing hand position (nice for games where you sometimes communicate with typed text) and allows you to use more mapped keys more easily (function keys are less convenient).

Ah, makes sense I guess. Though I think the only game I've ever typed in was WoW.

wasd cramps my pinky painfully when left shift and ctrl are used...ouch. Need to remap...

Yep, now that's a good reason to switch. Same thing happened to me recently - might have been in Mass Effect. I'm gonna have to unlearn years of WASDing!

Red Faction Guerrilla is some weird hybrid between a steam and GFW game ... GFW wants to download updates but because steam installed it it can't find the install path, sigh. Have to run the update manually. It also won't save your custom key settings until you have a GFW profile ... charming.

PS. even more charming, they let you think you can reconfigure your keybindings ... but then the first time you get into a vehicle you find out that forward/backward for normal vehicles is hard coded (they remembered for tanks, but forgot to use it for normal vehicles???). Goddamn console developers ...

Sounds like the same problem the PC version of Farcry 2 has with the hang glider. Made it virtually useless since I use RDFG instead of WASD.

Now, I'm constantly wondering when I'll run into another situation like that, sounds like Red Faction will be a game I'll have to avoid. /sigh...

Regards,
SB

esdf has the normal blind typing hand position (nice for games where you sometimes communicate with typed text) and allows you to use more mapped keys more easily (function keys are less convenient). A decent argument can be made for rdfg, even more keys in easy reach, but wasd is just completely and utterly inferior.

PS. Davros, thanks ... it seems I'm just blind and stupid, although you would kind of expect that on the axis menu with all the other movement related keys wouldn't you?

Yeah the whole reason I switched to RDFG was for access to more keys in easy reach. Especially when FPS games started to use more and more hotkeys.

So used to it now that I don't even have to think about it to shift my hand over 1 key in order to do blind typing then automatically switch back. I'm not even conscious I'm doing it when playing an MMORPG for example.

I can't imagine trying to get by with just the keys available to a WASD config.

Regards,
SB

Now, I'm constantly wondering when I'll run into another situation like that, sounds like Red Faction will be a game I'll have to avoid. /sigh...
I was just looking in the wrong section ... they have all the movement keys (including steering for vehicles) in one menu, except forward/backward for vehicles which was in another one.

PS. I should mention that the turret turning on the PC is bloody broken (there is no separate mouse sensitivity for it, with a playable sensitivity for turrets normal play becomes impossible and vice versa).

Why don't you guys just invest in an Xbox 360 controller? Would probably save you a lot of headache in console ports. I bought dead space and guerrilla but don't plan to play either until I snag me a controller first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back