Medal of Honor Reboot

MEDAL OF HONOR REBOOT
Might be PC footage, but the lighting looks awesome.
Not much to talk about other than visuals, but graphically, what does everyone think of what was shown? Will it be 60 fps with the quality of lighting seen in the trailer? I would hope that EA recognizes that framerate is an absolutely critical factor behind the success of the CoD franchise.

Environment looks amazing, if they can really pull this in realtime, then wow.

Yup Agreed, the lighting does look good.

10453jr.jpg

2jakdw5.jpg

34dk5qv.jpg

33bctbm.jpg

2itiljl.jpg

2h5vi83.jpg

Looks kinda like Call of Honor: MW from those screens. When I heard they were going to reboot Medal of Duty, I was hoping for something a little more... original.

I don't know, it seems only logical to change to a modern setting. WWII is played out. Going modern did wonders for COD's popularity.

Personally, I like it. Devs are really starting to push each other, and gamers win as a result.

The graphics look really nice. I was surprised when I saw the video yesterday. PC popped into my mind as well. I'm a little surprised they went with a war that is actually happening now. Modern Warfare has similarities to Iraq, Afghanistan etc, but it is still a fictional war. I'm not sure how people will respond to playing a game based on a war that is happening right now, and is being reported and debated on the daily news.

It definitely looks a lot like a Call of Duty game, but Medal of Honor kind of started that formula with Allied Assault. Then those guys left that company, started Infinity Ward, and made the Call of Duty series. I'm wondering if they'll go for a slightly more realistic approach, with fewer but more dangerous enemies. The videos never showed the huge numbers of enemies from Call of Duty.

Yeah hopefully it goes back to the quality of Allied Assault, the MoH series was in constant decline after that one...

If it's true to the first one, it should once again focus a bit more on realism with a small nod to gameplay...

Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath. The last few MoH games have been huge disappointments.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully it's better than Allied Assault. The sniper levels in MOHAA were terrible. According to repi twitter it looks like DICE is involved with the MP.

From what the plotline looks like it'll be, I'm surprised Ubisoft's not suing them or ATVI for improper use of Tom Clancy's implausible geopolitics. (Of course, AzBat's hat remains to be eaten, if I'm wrong.)

Hopefully it's better than Allied Assault. The sniper levels in MOHAA were terrible. According to repi twitter it looks like DICE is involved with the MP.

From what the plotline looks like it'll be, I'm surprised Ubisoft's not suing them or ATVI for improper use of Tom Clancy's implausible geopolitics. (Of course, AzBat's hat remains to be eaten, if I'm wrong.)

Tom Clancy doesn't even write his own books anymore :p

I'm personally disappointed in the modern setting, as Airborne is pretty much my favorite SP WW2 shooter experience to date, though yes, the MP was incredibly lacking. Why not another time, like Korea which would've kept some of the WW2-ness (many similar weapons) yet presented a newer setting? And who says they couldn't have created a new cold war "proxy war" setting? After all, who says we know about all the proxy engagements? Even a made up one could have been done well with a proper set up and all.

Hoo Rah! Aircraft will dominate, armor will be neutered, and teammates will show up as enemies.

Looks like I may be shooting Richard after all. :)

Hmmm.... could it be using the Rage engine from id? Looks and 60fps speed are similar...

Game reminded me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much of Modern warfare. An maybe I need to rewatch the trailer in light of all the praise in this thread, but it struck me as a graphical mixed bag with terrible character models. All in all, not excited. At this rate "Modern Warfare" style games will become just as tiresome as the WW2 setting they replaced.

Back