Batman: Arkham City [MultiPlatform]

Seriously?

Get it while the getting is good I guess. I'd rather Rocksteady do something new, but you have to build from somewhere I guess.

My motto? "If you're good at something, keep doing it." We've already seen that they did an excellent job with Batman: AA.

Tommy McClain

Pulling an L4D2 eh?
Yup. Plus Eidos is snubbed this time around. I guess WB wants all the money to themselves this time.
Hopefully Two Face will be the main villian.
Didn't you see the trailer? It's the Joker gang running amok with a sick Joker overlooking everything. Which is interesting because I thought Hamill said no more Joker since it's getting hard for him to do the voice. But maybe that's why they made the Joker sick. To explain Hamill's difficulty in doing the voice or to explain why Joker sounds different from a different voice actor.

But I do hope we see Two-Face and Mr. Freeze as sub-bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least the website shows the billboard hinting at Two-Face. I was hoping we wouldn't see much of Joker and instead focus on Scarecrow after his escape and how he might work with other big name villains (like Two-Face).

I dont mind them reintroducing Joker, but I as well would like to see the spotlight put on a different villain. The first title ran through just about all of the high profile Batman villians so to keep the pace some of the lesser known villians will most likely make appearances, unless of course the title isnt going to display such a large roster.

A nice twist would be if other heroes from the Batman comic line or DC comics in general were also pursuing Batman.

Well, at least the website shows the billboard hinting at Two-Face. I was hoping we wouldn't see much of Joker and instead focus on Scarecrow after his escape and how he might work with other big name villains (like Two-Face).
Oh yea I thought it was just a defaced Uncle Sam poster but it is Two-Face. Awesome. But Joker still seems to be the main villain masterminding everything. I guess they're not comfortable going away from his TDK popularity.

The ending with Scarecrow reaching out to grab the titan also had an alternate with Bane. I wonder which one they're going to go with who escaped. But I personally hope we've seen the last of titan and they were just reaching out to the titan as a buoy and not to use it.

Rather than TDK popularity (the TDK joker is pretty different from AA joker), it might be because they got Mark Hamill again. Two-face doesn't have as strong a voice-actor.

Rather than TDK popularity (the TDK joker is pretty different from AA joker), it might be because they got Mark Hamill again. Two-face doesn't have as strong a voice-actor.
They're different characterizations but it's still the Joker. Just like how different writers write him in different ways and artists draw him in different ways in the comics.

We still don't know if Hamill will be in it he said AA was the last time he'd do it because it's getting hard for him to do the voice. But I'm sure with the success of AA the developers came up with a higher number on the check which he couldn't say no to.

Itll be funny for this game to be named Arkham Asylum 2, given that it would quite possibly take place in Gotham City itself. :)

Itll be funny for this game to be named Arkham Asylum 2, given that it would quite possibly take place in Gotham City itself. :)

Well considering the events on the island in the first one, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to temporarily move the hospital to the city. ;)

Tommy McClain

Well considering the events on the island in the first one, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to temporarily move the hospital to the city. ;)

Tommy McClain
Yea or a part of Gotham City becomes a symbolic Arkham because of the crazies running lose. That's the impression I got.

Of course this could have been in development with the first game and hamill already did the voice work. Or the joker could have a much smaller role than the first one requiring less voice work from hamill with another character two face taking over when joker dies during the stor line.

Of course this could have been in development with the first game and hamill already did the voice work. Or the joker could have a much smaller role than the first one requiring less voice work from hamill with another character two face taking over when joker dies during the stor line.
I don't think that's the case. Hamill named that one game as the last time he'd do it. No mention of sequels. I'm also not sure they expected the game to be that successful. WB snubbed Eidos for this second game, guess they want all the publishing money to themselves this time. Eidos had the Batman license so that shows a change of contracts or license running out, they wouldn't have started working on the second game at least not past the pre-production phase. Eidos still owns a quarter of Rocksteady though.

I'm sure if the check was big enough he'll suffer through doing Joker one last time. That's probably why they made Joker sick, to explain why he's having difficulty doing the voice. Or maybe to explain a different voice actor. We'll see. I'm confident DC will not allow them to kill Joker. With big IP like this they're careful about stipulating what cannot be done to the characters and Batman without Joker is like Peter Pan without Captain Hook.

Last edited by a moderator:
mmm... interesting:
http://www.1up.com/previews/batman-arkham-city-twenty-things

Might be some spoilers, which I don't mind. They're kinda harmless, but just in case.

1. Batclaw can grab items like the Riddler trophy, not just crates.
  2. Batman can do the Super Mario World Cape bounce to extend gliding
  3. smoke bombs. Ninja Vani-
  4. Voice actors for Catwoman and Two Face are different from the animated series
  5. Harley seems to have a new voice actress? :s
  6. Alfred
    replaces
    Oracle
  7. Calendar Man
    confirmed to be in the game. Unique dialogue depending on
    the date. e.g. St. Patrick's Day
  8. Enemies can take hostages. I hope this doesn't get too annoying with the Game Over screen.
  9. Batman can now counter three enemies simultaneously instead of two? lol
  10. Weapons in detective mode are more easily identifiable via highlighting.
  11. Some enemies more resistant to standard attacks
  12. Able to get up-close to major characters for some physical interaction.
  13. Alternatively, use throat grab during glide instead of kicking. Why not just let me run around and do that? :p
  14. Batarang can gain electrical charge flying through electricity.
  15. More NPC dialog. More options for stealth. I hope this is done lots. I need my Splinter Cell fix! :|
  16. Fights with up to 25 people. lolwut I guess he's the goddamn Batman afterall.
  17. Batman's Great Great Great Grandpa gets a reference. The article may have spoiled something about the context, but it's probably no biggie.
  18. Random distress signal side-quests from citizens.
  19. Something involving radio-frequencies to be discussed at GDC 2011.
  20. Possible appearance by an unlikely (joke?) villain.

What I'm hoping for is a detective mode that doesn't render normal viewing mode entirely pointless. There really was no reason in the first AA to ever turn it off.

Yeah. :s What they should do is implement multiple vision modes. I know the D-pad is already used, but I suppose they could have Batman cycle through outline rendering, x-ray mode, night vision... thermal optics? heh, Splinter Cell. :p

Batman can now counter three enemies simultaneously instead of two? lol
Fights with up to 25 people. lolwut I guess he's the goddamn Batman afterall.

OMG! The game hints Chuck Norris destroyed Bruce Wayne, disguised himself as him, and continued his legacy against the supervillains in Gotham and Arkham City! (Cause gamers cant play both events simultaneously, Batman: Gotham City will be released later as a side story as he was beating criminal butt in both cities at the same time)

Next he will destroy Clark Kent and go against Doomsday!

Back