Critter Crunch

JPT

Veteran
Supporter
I am on a quest to convert more people to play Critter Crunch, I just can not explain the game in any coherent way or in anyway that will tell you how fun it is.

But download the demo and give it a whirl, online co-op and versus is there, also offline.

If you like games like Zookeeper and Bejewled etc I think you'll like this one also.

Deepbrown, back me up here :)

I see this as a serious time sinkhole like Super Stardust HD ended up being for me.

I play it man, fantastic game, well worth the price (and them some). I'm currently stuck on adventure mode though. I have to do something like 8 combo's in the alotted time, and I simply can't get it done. I've tried and tried, and I just don't "see" it I guess.

Still, it hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the game. Playing online co-op is awesome, though I'd like ot try to get some vs matches in (but can never seem to find anyone online).

I play it man, fantastic game, well worth the price (and them some). I'm currently stuck on adventure mode though. I have to do something like 8 combo's in the alotted time, and I simply can't get it done. I've tried and tried, and I just don't "see" it I guess.

Still, it hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the game. Playing online co-op is awesome, though I'd like ot try to get some vs matches in (but can never seem to find anyone online).

I am stuck on the same part lol. Like you it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the game. I love it and wish more people would pick it up.

I am always down for some co-op action!

Completed Adventure mode...apart from a few puzzles and challenges. Just ignoring them as I don't think it matters if you don't complete them or not.

Tis a great game...it's like a better mix of Zuma and Bejewelled. I'd say it's better than both of those games :)

I decided to give GoW 1&2 collection a pass for now (until I have played GoW3). So it looks like I may be back to PSN games, and may be 1-2 movies.

Intend to pick up Braid and PJ Shooter. Would you put this game side by side those two ?

Hmm, don't like either Zuma or Bejewelled ... so it's not for me then, I'm thinking. Which is ok, far too many games anyway!

Completed Adventure mode...apart from a few puzzles and challenges. Just ignoring them as I don't think it matters if you don't complete them or not.

Tis a great game...it's like a better mix of Zuma and Bejewelled. I'd say it's better than both of those games :)

:LOL: Thanks for the info.

I am usually a commando shopper. Get in, acquire target, get out. I already know what I want before I step into the store (Wife absolutely hate shopping with me).

Still, it's like 300Mb download for the demo, and if you like it, buying it is just an upgrade key. Show it to your wife, it's supposed to have girlfriend appeal -- not sure how it works with spouses.

Heh, I'll give it a go next time I'm online. Cheers for the steer JPT. If I see you online and playing I may up my bravery levels and challenge you (after dipping into MW2, AC2 and the latest R&C - as Arwin said: too many games).

I convinced a coworker to buy it the other day, she comes into the office draws puzzles on the whiteboard and shows me how she tried to do this and this and if I managed to solve it etc.

Its very addicting and the co-op is really fun, versus is also good, but it really benefits from voice chat. Coop you it does not matter so much really.

But I am having quite annoying lag problems, where my char does not move or the critters does not detect that it should eat another one right away etc, this is o fcourse online coop.

I finally got around to playing online competitive, and I got murdered within minutes. People are either really really really good, or I am really really bad.

There must be something I'm missing though. I play fine for a while, and then all of the sudden the critters just pour onto my screen and there's nothing I can do about it.

I don't think I understand exactly how it works.

You need to get combos and power foods, thats how you get to mess up for the opponent. Look at the tutorial for what each power food etc does.

Completed Puzzles and Adventure mode :) Just need to do the Challenges now. Yay! So much content for only £4 :smile:

You need to get combos and power foods, thats how you get to mess up for the opponent. Look at the tutorial for what each power food etc does.

The only ones I've been able to get though are the watermelon seeds and the onions. Do you have to unlock more, or are they just random?

I was at a recent Toronto indie games event where the President of Capybara, the company that made Critter Crunch, made a presentation. They're from Toronto, Canada. Saw some never before public concept art, so that felt special. There was some really hilarious looking renditions of Biggs, the main character, as well. It was really interesting to hear about how they did the art, came up with the style. They have a really free form brainstorming culture, part of what being a 23 person studio allows I suppose.

Looks like a fun game.

I purchased this on a whim yesterday and was up very late playing it. It's my type of puizzle game (the sort of thing PSP minis should be IMO).

Back