Deus Ex 3 (PC)

And still ran like ass on the console? Or was that just the loading part. :p

There was major slowdowns throughout the whole game. Dont get me wrong, I owned both KOTOR games for the Xbox but the slowdowns where major. Something that stood out even more when I saw it on PC at HD with 4xAA/16xAF with what seemed to be 60fps (9600XT).

Fortunately the gamplay mechanics and camera view made it bearable. It was also pretty with the huge scenes and multitude of enemies/characters etc. :smile:

indeed. it was OpenGL, ran poorly on ATI cards because it used some nv exclusive OGL commands because of it's xbox nature.

I have ATi card (5870) and it runs great:!: ;)
But there is that soft shadow thingi I can't enable on my PC ...:cry:

Some sort of hardcoded PCF path perhaps... at least I thought that was the original issue since it was awhile before ATI added that.

I have ATi card (5870) and it runs great:!: ;)
But there is that soft shadow thingi I can't enable on my PC ...:cry:
Lets just say that ATI's OpenGL ICD in 2001/2 was not anywhere near what it is today. Still, I played the game on a Radeon 8500 and it was alright I seem to recall. Soft shadowing in that game is troublesome unless you have a NV card and even then it's rather demanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deus Ex 3 not exclusive to PC after all?

A spokesperson for Eidos Montreal has dismissed talk that the third Deus Ex game will be exclusive to PC.

The rumours began after a story on Bit-Tech stated, "[Deus Ex 3] won't be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game."

However Eidos man Rene, writing on the company's forum, stated, "Only the PC version has been announced so far... I dunno where that website is getting its info from!"

I think some were hoping it was. I wasn't exactly holding my breath on that one though...

I'm just hoping it's more Deus Ex 1 than Deus Ex 2, but not exactly getting my hopes up. It's probably going to be more trash.

Regards,
SB

DE3 will be on GDC:
https://www.cmpevents.com/GD10/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=10889

Eidos Montreal art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletete will discuss the creative underpinnings behind the unique blend of art style that combines the past, present and future in the next evolution of the Deus Ex franchise. The title's 'Cyber Renaissance' look is infused across the fashion, characters, environments and story, formulating the essence of a visually impactful experience. Jacques-Belletete explains the steps that the developer took to establish the game's visual style, and how the blend of action, role-playing and adventure genres in Deus Ex 3 will be thematically anchored using a consistent art direction.

Hmm, found this artwork. Don't know if it's legit though.

DX3_Lab_by_barontieri.jpg

This is one of the first Artwork of Deus Ex III being revealed (sorry in French). I can't say a lot about it (or I'll die) except that the level artists have done an incredible job so far and it looks better than the painting. The game is on the right track and it'll be a great experience... can't even wait to play it.

I like the look, but I really really don't think this is going to be the game that I want. The media for IW looked really nice before release, but then it came out...

I think I found something to look forward to. :) Visually, anyway.

I'm not sure how much those shots have been blown up but the texturing looks kinda low-res. I'm sure it's designed for consoles with 512MB total RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found something to look forward to. :) Visually, anyway.

I'm not sure how much those shots have been blown up but the texturing looks kinda low-res. I'm sure it's designed for consoles with 512MB total RAM.

GameInformer.com said:
Filed under: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

The money is no longer with PC gaming. I seriously doubt it will be on the PC only.

Back