Far Cry 3 announced

With this game I'll wait until a demo is available. Far Cry 2 was one of the biggest let downs of the past few years. Stopped playing after a few hours, because the enemies were rediculous. They even saw you perfectly as you were hiding in bushes and such.

I keep thinking of trying to play FC2 again but I too quit that game after only a few hours. I can see the appeal for the few who liked it, because it has STALKER elements, but I think the STALKER games do that gameplay vastly better.

Who has played the Xbox editions of Far Cry? Far Cry Instincts. Those are not straight ports so they feel like sequels but they are a bit less open. They have the same kind of look and setting as the PC game. The animal instinct super powers are strange but entertaining. I thought they utilized the SuperNforce in the Xbox well too.

Am I the only person who liked Far Cry 2? Despite some of the more jarring issues, it was an enjoyable experience in it's totality.

While I didn't like FC2, I really did like the ideas and the setting of FC2. I'm hoping they don't discard everything they accomplished, or at least tried to accomplish with FC2 and merely opt for the easy way out by simply rehashing the first game.

Am I the only person who liked Far Cry 2? Despite some of the more jarring issues, it was an enjoyable experience in it's totality.

Those FC3 shots look nice btw. The color palette is very much like the first Far Cry on PC, and not that annoying overly golden piss filtered look of the ones on Xbox.

I started off liking it, great setting and amazing graphics. But the constant travelling back and forth across the entire map got very tedious and the story itself was very boring IMO. I stopped playing after about 15 hours or so. I may go back and try to finish it once I'm finished with all the other games I want to play (so probably in about 4 years!)

Well, I forced myself through FC2 because I've paid full pre-order price for it on Steam :(
Anyway the game had very good ideas ruined by repetition and stupid AI/respawns. The thing which surprised me a bit was the ending. Last 5-10% of the game was quite good with plausible story.

I agree with most posters here, if FC3 is closer to FC1 then I will buy it no doubt. If it's FC2 clone then even pretty graphics won't swing me towards it :devilish:

I was hoping to see a more robust sand box editor this time ... I guess we will wait and see. Some property modifiers, especially for weapons, would have been very cool in addition to some more robust vehicle and game mode options.

That's what I thought! Must just be people still confused by the franchise's original connection to Crytek and repeating their misconceptions as fact. An engine change didn't make sense anyway. Far Cry 2 was a remarkable technical achievement and I expect great things from the improved version of Dunia!

new pc shots..

gCbSe.jpg

EMnGq.jpg

m0kdM.jpg

GEJ6z.jpg

Qukla.jpg

k3pEm.jpg

Multiplayer footage
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-jo-AX_7V4

Actually looks a lot like Dead Island. Those blood clouds are a bit over the top.

Back