FGN - "Sony has chosen the GPU for the next generation PlayStation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fgnonline.webs.com/

11/16/09 WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Sony has chosen the GPU for the next generation PlayStation.

We can officially reveal in this world exclusive that SCEI has officially chosen the Imagination Technologies currently in development PowerVR Series 6 architecture for it's next generation PlayStation console scheduled for 2012 worldwide deployment.

The PlayStation 4 shall use a high end variant of the Series 6 line. Performance, specifications and features are at this time unknown. The Series 6 shall receive an official announcement from IMGTEC sometime in 2010, with initial models targeting the smartphone and netbook sector.

It is believed that Sony has gained exclusive rights to the technology for the console space.

IMGTEC's PowerVR technology uses an advance technique called TBDR which can outperform a competing IMR product from nVidia/ATi by 3-5 fold whilst maintaining equal die size and price point. TBDR was the primary reason the SEGA DreamCast was capable of such astonishing graphical feats as early as 1998.

Interestingly SCEI has also chosen IMGTEC as the graphics provider for their next generation PSP. That particular product shall however be using the Series 5XT.

Mr Zachary Morris

Isn't this the same Sega fansite that TEXAN used to pimp here all the time? I personally wouldn't trust it even with a truckload of salt.

Regards,
SB

He's Naughty Boy'd.

Yeah I know, I was just saying we have a new recruit posting news from that same miniscule site(just after Texan was banned), with that same exclamation mark in the header and in similar style where only link and quote is provided with no additional text input. So the question mark in my post was saying that he is still doing it. I could be wrong of course, but my suspicion meter was going through the roof.

Well, yeah, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions (I'm sure the mods are on it).

What you don't have one of these?

jump_to_conclusions.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back