Quitting smoking

Seriously man, you smoke dope in public? How stupid is that?!

Its more stupid that MJ is illegal to begin with. No proven health side effects. Some psycological side effects from long term constant smoking, but far less severe than Alcohol. If you smoke like "normal" people drink alcohol, absolutely no side effects.

Ever thought there's people around you who don't want to breathe in the smoke from your reefer?

Your not getting any health isses from breathing in smoke from reefer, if its pure.
Getting high from somebody smoking a joint outside,unless the guy is blowing all the fumes directly in your mouth and you inhale it, is less likely scoring with one of the playboy bunnies.

I dont want to breathe in toxic fumes from diesel cars. Should be corporal punishment for driving such polluters....

Well, last I checked, spreading religious teachings isn't hazardous to the health of passers-bys - not even those dianetics fuckfaces you sometimes enocounter trying to shove their tin can ohm meters at you.

Neither is MJ. Scientists have failed to prove any long term health effects (or short term) from smoking MJ (as long as its pure. Earlier tests didn't figure out that their sample groups rolled with tobacco). None. No lung issues. Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scientists have failed to prove any long term health effects (or short term) from smoking MJ (as long as its pure. Earlier tests didn't figure out that their sample groups rolled with tobacco). None. No lung issues. Nothing.

You know I would be surprised if this was true. If you take a big hit from a joint it hurts, it burns. Sure if you take less it can be more manageable but just the fact that it hurts means it's doing something harmful. Our bodies are pretty good at telling us when we are doing something that isn't apperciated. I really think it's damaging, has to be as bad a smoke anyways. I mean it's stil combustion so you're still going to get all the by products (CO, NOs etc). I guess the difference would be that you rarely smoke as many joints as you do cigs, but on a one to one basis I'd say that joints are at least as damaging as smokes.

I really really don't think getting one wiff of tobacco smoke or MJ smoke is going to do anything to you at all.....
The physical harm may be inconsequential from a whiff of smoke, but the damage to my otherwise cheery disposition is considerable. I suppose you're one of those people who simply don't GET that there's people who find smokers irritating and obnoxious. If we're going to bring up the freedom argument, I'd say my freedom of not having to breathe in your toxic smoke outweigs your freedom of being allowed to poison other people.

That's really ridiculous actually, I mean do you think walking behind a truck and getting taking in a bunch of carbon monoxide is better for you?
Strawman argument.

are we going to ban cars from public areas?
This is another strawman, but I'll humor you anyway... Actually, I wouldn't mind that at all if we did just that. I haven't done any checking, but on the whole cars and the industry needed for their upkeep probably kills more people yearly than tobacco does. The noise and environmental impact are likewise monumental, plus all the space in our cities we have to waste on roads and parking just to cater for all the people who putter around one person each per car. That's really a different discussion though.

Seriously man. There's been a couple times when people will walk by me and cough violently in some sort of passive aggressive protest, it's retarded.
While I don't do that, I disagree it's retarded. What's retarded is the smoker's deluded belief they have the right to irritate their surroundings just because they want to.

My mom quit 10 years ago. She gained alot of weight the first 2 years and kept trying to hide smokes around the house but we would find them and get rid of them. After the first 6 months she stopped that and about 5 years in she lost alot of weight double what she put in and now she is much healthier and is able ot do many more things than before.

I hate smoking. Don't particularly like being around people that smoke.

I hate anti-smoking laws. I hate government telling people they can't smoke.

I hate people that think they should be able to get insurance if they smoke. I'd love it if anyone that smokes was un-insurable.

If someone wants to kill themselves, go for it. Anti-smoking awareness is high enough now that it isn't all that difficult to avoid smokers. Even in Japan it's no longer all that difficult to avoid smokers even though smoking is still pretty prevalent there.

Hate the smokers all you want. Just don't get the government involved.

And not to go off subject here. But MJ is more mentally addicting than any other drug in existence. And while the physical side effects aren't as pronounced as other drugs, there's some very serious social, mental, and motivational fallout for those that habitually use.

I used to tolerate it as I had many friends that used. But no longer, and have divorced myself from all friends that didn't quit as I watched their lives spiral out of control time after time.

Oh and back on topic. Grats Ink on your progress. Just don't get discouraged if you relapse. Not many can quit cold turkey and for some it may take many tries. Just recently had a couple of friend finally kick the habit after trying for many many years. They're now going on 2 years without a smoke.

And grats for all the others that have successfully quit smoking entirely.

Regards,
SB

You know I would be surprised if this was true. If you take a big hit from a joint it hurts, it burns.

Burns? When i smoke, it only tickles. Only burns when you mix with tobacco.

All studies where participants smoke pure joints, have failed to prove any significant lung damage.

And not to go off subject here. But MJ is more mentally addicting than any other drug in existence.

ROFL. That is the worst bullshit ive heard today. What on earth are you basing that on? US government propaganda? (you know that weed was legal in the us until latin americans started to populate your country? Drug was banned due to racism.)

Tobacco is much more addicting that MJ. So is heroin, cocaine, meth, ritalin, valium, alocohol +++++

Its beyond me why tobacco is even legal. After heorin, nicotine is probably the most addictive drug in the world, measured by how long physcological addictiveness lasts (48hours is physical, then 1-2+ years of mental craving before your completly out of the loop).

Quitting smoking mj is not particularly hard. Me and my m8s pretty much all smoke weed every day during holidays, nothing during school years. And aside from being slightly depressed the couple first days when school begins (because smoking mj makes everything more pleasant), we have no problems at all.

I agree that its easy to get into a "bad loop" when smoking MJ, but that is the same for every drug out there. You should never take a drug everyday. Just like drinking alcohol every day will completely screw you over..

Heroin addicts actually get physically sick when they dont get heroin. Thats how much in control that drug is over your body. How you can claim that MJ is the most addictive drug in the world is beyond me.

Ive talked to people whove tried heroin once, and every day for the next 5 years their brain keeps telling them that heroin is amazing and they should get more.

In an interesting study done by the norwegian ministry of health, where they classified drugs by physical harm, mental harm, addictiveness, they came to the conclusion that if we discovered all drugs today, the only two drugs that would be legal would be certain perscription pills and weed. Alcohol is actually classified as a hard drug, on the same line as heroin and cocaine.

ROFL. That is the worst bullshit ive heard today. What on earth are you basing that on? US government propaganda? (you know that weed was legal in the us until latin americans started to populate your country? Drug was banned due to racism.)

Tobacco is much more addicting that MJ. So is heroin, cocaine, meth, ritalin, valium, alocohol +++++

He said mentally(as in psychologically), not physically...

Even then it's untrue. His friends didn't go down that path because solely because of marijuana. I know plenty of people that regularly use MJ, whether by smoking or eating, and are in good control of their lives. They don't have problems holding down full time jobs or fitting in socially. It all comes down to the individual and if they are going to let something as trivial as MJ run their lives versus being in control themselves.

And saying that MJ is more mentally addictive than heroin, cocaine, meth, alcohol, tobacco etc is still the dumbest thing ive heard all day.

Physical addiction for nicotine is over after 48hours. Psychological addiction is there for years depending on the person...

What part of the brain telling you that heroin is great is physical?

I hate smoking. Don't particularly like being around people that smoke.

I hate anti-smoking laws. I hate government telling people they can't smoke.

I hate people that think they should be able to get insurance if they smoke. I'd love it if anyone that smokes was un-insurable.

I guess somewhere you already realise you're not being reasonable, but if not I'm not going to try and convince you. I'm mainly just curious how this life philosophy is working out for you. It sounds like a lot of aggravation.

i've quit smoking 4 months ago after 15 years....

how i did it?

i went to doctor for a tonsil check and she wanted to check my lungs as well. After she finished she said: " you're lungs are crap".

got so scared...i gave my cigs to my wife ;) and forgot about them.

there's only one small issue though:

i am dreaming about cigs and that i am smoking. At least 2-3 times/week.

After i wake up, i feel like i am guilty. ( that i've started again)

PS: i was smoking 2 packs/day ... lights...but still 2 packs.

do i feel better?

yep, no more coughs in the morning and i feel that food tases better.

downside:

drinking without a cig is worthless. At least this is how i feel.

edit: after being a smoker i have more respect for the non smokers. Cigarette smoke feels different now ( as passive), unpleasant i must say.

:LOL:

I've had that dream thing happen a lot too, where I smoke in my dream and wake up feeling guilty. :oops:

I'm almost 3 days clean now, hanging in there. :)

PS: i was smoking 2 packs/day ... lights...but still 2 packs.
I dont know if u realize but lights are practically just as bad, 'lights' is just a good marketing ploy

File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

Im all for the complete legalization of all drugs (heroin whatever).
Though I see all drugs as yin and yang, i.e. they make u up and then make u down ( with alcohol the negative effects are typically gone in a day unlike weed where they last for some weeks, thus I use alcohol )

from a story here a couple of days ago
Alcohol-related crime costs annually costs New Zealand $1.1 billion and Australia $2.14 billion.
In New Zealand a third of crimes in 2007-2008 were carried out by a person affected by alcohol.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3080294/Crackdown-on-alcohol-fuelled-crime

OK partly the high number is due to far more ppl drink whereas only a few % use other drugs.
At the moment I live next to a dope house (who deal a bit) personally I much prefer this than if they were drinkers, then itll be lots of loud noise fights etc, dope smokers tend to be more mallow

I dont know if u realize but lights are practically just as bad, 'lights' is just a good marketing ploy

File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

Im all for the complete legalization of all drugs (heroin whatever).
Though I see all drugs as yin and yang, i.e. they make u up and then make u down ( with alcohol the negative effects are typically gone in a day unlike weed where they last for some weeks, thus I use alcohol )

from a story here a couple of days ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3080294/Crackdown-on-alcohol-fuelled-crime

OK partly the high number is due to far more ppl drink whereas only a few % use other drugs.
At the moment I live next to a dope house (who deal a bit) personally I much prefer this than if they were drinkers, then itll be lots of loud noise fights etc, dope smokers tend to be more mallow

Define dope for me please. It just seems like dope is a name given to a variety of drugs whether it be marijuana, crack/cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, and others.

What effects have you seen last for weeks on end after smoking weed?

Aside from urge to light up on mondays and sometimes tuesday?

There really is no logical reason for why MJ is illegal, while tobacco and alcohol is legal. Aside from politics. Both are classified as much harder drugs.

Sure smoking everyday may put you into a bad loop where you crave more MJ, but that craving goes away very very fast. Then again, smoke sigs, and you crave sigs. Drink alcohol everyday, and your body will start craving that aswell.

Although you could function much better in society being stoned all day than being drunk. Its not like you see flying dragons and stuff, just that everything becomes more enjoyable. That i guess can be bad, as being bored suddenly becomes okay, and your not motivated to do anything!

I started smoking a few months but became dissatified when I've gotten used to it, only the first and last cig of the day did anything for me, unless I hadn't smoked for a day or two.
I've quit as of a few days ago, found something better from sweden ;) Cheaper too.

Define dope for me please. It just seems like dope is a name given to a variety of drugs whether it be marijuana, crack/cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, and others.
WEll Ive only heard of it being used for heroin but anyways, here it means marijuana (which I can never spell, thus write dope)

Personally I had the feeling of being unclean with it (had to wash my face often)
but from seeing lotsa others
A/ motivation goes out the window
B/ slowness/reactions suffer, esp if u meet someone whos been smoking heavily for 15+ years conversation

me/ hi
them/ (2 secs later)oh hi
me/ hows it
them/ (pause) yeah

opposite effect to what it does to sperm apparently
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3186686.stm

FWIW I voted for these guys in the election before the last one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aotearoa_Legalise_Cannabis_Party
mainly cause the guy I voted for built his house outta straw

just went to their site
Alcohol More Harmful than Cannabis
drunk2.jpg