Half-Life 3

The last picture is still legit, whatever it means

It was just a bug, where the voices would all turn to korean after installing the language pack.
Hence the sentence in korean.

Lamest speculation day ever...
And it's not even sales. The trading cards were launched along with absolutely nothing.
I don't even know what the valve dude teased with the "something exciting for everyone" sentence.

The trading cards are basically a way to get people to use Steam more often and to spend more cash on it. It's brilliant, really. I'll participate a little but only with games I own(And like). Wouldn't mind getting some BL2 themed smilies or some coupons...

whats wrong with valve...
it took them very long time to develop game after a series reache number 2.

maybe they will make yet another new game series and stop again on number 2.

Trolling or teasing?

xrenLAE.jpg

Statistics would say it's just another elaborate trolling.

And any more trolling coming from Valve isn't even funny anymore.

Well they better not be trolling, or the backlash will cost them a bunch of goodwill. I wouldn't be pleased that's for sure.

You don't go through elaborate motions like fake mistake game patches, in-game puzzles and teasy tweets only to present some meh everyday bullshit at the end. ...Or at least not without taking some heavy flak from the people whose hopes you got up with nothing to show for it. *Shrug* We'll see what this is all about, but I'm personally prepared for disappointment. Poorly prepared though, but that's just because I Want To Believe. <TM>

However, I hesitate strongly at thinking this is HL3-related though, because where does Korea factor into the HL universe...? If it'd been Russian, maybe, seeing as HL2 and the Episodes supposedly take place there (even though all voice work and almost all signage throughout the games is in english.) Feels like this is going to be something new from out of Valve, because HL3/EP3/whatever would just be too left-field-ish. Maybe. Who the shit knows.

I've never played the half-life games, but can see persistent clamouring for HL3. Did HL2 end with a cliffhanger or something?

I've never played the half-life games, but can see persistent clamouring for HL3. Did HL2 end with a cliffhanger or something?

HL2 Episode 2 ended in a way that there should be "Episode 3" too, which will in the end most likely be HL3

HL2 was released in 2004. In 2006, Valve "promised" 3 episodes that would released within a year of each other. At the time, Gabe Newell said it didn't make much sense to have fans waiting 6 years for a full sequel, hence the shorter intervals between episode release.
Episode 1 came in 2006, Episode 2 in 2007 and.. we're yet to see anything ever since.

In 2011, Gabe Newel said that Half Life was instead going into even shorter development cycles (than the episode-a-year).
It's been 2 years and still nothing.

FWIW, Gabe Newell seems to have called the episodes as Half Life 3, so maybe we'll see Half Life 4 instead.
Or Half Life: 4-ever.

soooo... does anyone found out whats the meaning of those ARG? or we really need to wait for 29 july :/

Back