CryENGINE 3

So, the default triangle size for the tessellated meshes is 8 pixels in CE3. Isn't that actually the optimal value that fits Nvidia's primitive setup in Fermi and Kepler?

That is very, very cool. I cant wait to see those kinds of physics implemented in games. Finally something to use the power of modern cpus!

That is very, very cool. I cant wait to see those kinds of physics implemented in games. Finally something to use the power of modern cpus!

Well, the car deformation in Criterion's Burnout Paradise (which was first unveiled in 2007) still looks more spectacular IMO. Developers are just lazy IMO... Criterion's follow up game (NFS:HP)sadly didn't even feature the same physics based deformation car chassis of Paradise (but had a vastly improved redering engine which still makes NFS:HP the best looking commercially available racing game when SSAA is forced..).

Just remembered that there's a PC thread about CryEngine 3, so excuse this duplicate post.

New CE3 presentation for tech heads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmCvHel7PL8

Shows stuff like pixel-accurate displacement mapping, dynamic caustics, area lights, volume fog shadows, vegetation painting on brushes and vegetation bending.

Turbulence APEX in CryEngine 3. Independent from Physx! Lets hope thats standard for future Nvidia tech, not exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbulence APEX in CryEngine 3. Independend from Physx! Lets hope thats standard for future Nvidia tech, not exception.

I, too, hope this it the direction that Nvidia is going. If so, I may not feel bad if I choose to buy Nvidia hardware in the future now that I am no longer actively boycotting them (for personal reasons).

Regards,
SB

APEX in Eve Online has nothing to do with PhysX either but only worked on Nvidia cards AFAICR.

APEX in Eve Online has nothing to do with PhysX either but only worked on Nvidia cards AFAICR.

In which case booo. I honestly can't remember if I was able to enable that or not when I used to play Eve Online, or was it an automatic type of thing?

Regards,
SB

Back