Halo: Reach

That Cortana GraveMind level was so annoying to the visual senses, and one of the few times I nearly felt motion sickness.

Nominees:
Halo Reach
Kinectimals
Stracraft 2
Need for Speed

I'd say the award going for Reach is well deserved, the amount of various effects going on simultaneously can be insane.

That Cortana GraveMind level was so annoying to the visual senses, and one of the few times I nearly felt motion sickness.

I remember that was ironically the only one I had to playthrough solo to get the legendary playthrough achievement... but at least it wasn't as bad as COD4 on Veteran.

Actually, I didn't like Halo 3 much at all, I thought Halo 2 was better, story included - 3 was too melodramatic and downright silly at times.

Meh. They should be making triple map packs that are all for one gametype. MP or FF or Invasion.

Anyone know if they're going to release a title update? (I don't think they've released one yet).

I really want them to fix the size of the kill notification text in splitscreen, it is a huge oversight on Bungie's part and it should never have made it out of testing, it often obscures your entire reticle.

Probably not? I didn't realize there was much that needed to be fixed. :)

Here's the trailer for the map pack, 800 space bucks:

Looks nice, but...eh... really bummed that they're splitting the gametypes like this. :|

Those are really cool looking maps, but I don't know about 800 points. I really haven't played it online enough to make it worth it for me.

I need the "all the chips" achievement, but not sure how to get it. Does your team have to cap all the flags, or just have flags in all the locations at once?

Meh, everyone vetos Stockpile anyway. :(

For that achievement, "all the chips", you only need to have all the flags in the capture location at once. I think on most maps this means you need the 4 flags to be captured at the same collection time.

So I personally need to place all the flags in a given collection area? And the minimum amount is 4 flags? That might be doable.

No you don't personally need to be the one to place all the flags in the collection point, team members can do the collection and placement. Heck, the enemy team can even place the flags in your team's collection point for you. :D The key item is having all available flags on the map in the collection point at once. If you have 3 of the 4 flags and the collection timer is about to go, you're best waiting for the next round when you can get all in at once.

Got it. Looks like it'll take some teamwork to get, so I'm probably screwed since I usually play with randoms.

Here's the trailer for the map pack, 800 space bucks:

Looks nice, but...eh... really bummed that they're splitting the gametypes like this. :|

You musn't play much splitscreen then ;) Of course there's always the huge amounts of players who complain about armor lock being OP.

I also dislike how they're doing firefight and MP maps separate, surely they could design a map that could work both for firefight as well as regular MP.

The new maps are also designed by Certain Affinity not Bungie, which is strange as they've always done DLC themselves, which probably means that the new Activision thing is taking up all their resources.

I was hoping for some smaller maps actually, Reach has enough big maps, they need a few more good 4-8 player maps as they are the most played.

Is it true this title has never received an update/patch? If so what an amazing feat in today's environment.

Been playing MP for about a month straight now and the detail and polish and sheer magnificence (theater mode!) and brilliance of the balance and design is astounding.

sorry just had to pay it props after realizing it over the past month. :D

I'm fairly certain? I mean all I recall is the MP playlist updates including Forge maps. They're really top notch when it comes to polish. :)

Back