Halo: Reach

Their likely spot-on about it being a Forge map. The bases and some of the rocks definitely looked placed through Forge.

If you pay close attention at the 3:28 mark of the video, your going to notice the Hologram armor ability being used to fool a sniper.I thought that looked pretty damn awesome.Oh yeah, the Blood Gulch remake looks amazing..

yep... one of the previously unannounced AA's?

nice

Yup. the Hologram is one of the previously unannounced AA's..What other AA's do you think Bungie has implemented?

Actually, it was in that list of features etc from that code rip of the beta. that was posted on GAF (and linked in this thread) some time ago. Stuff like the concussion rifle and dogfighting was also mentioned.

I can't find the original but there's a repost up here:
http://www.halowars.com/forums/thread/880667.aspx

Weapons
Energy Sword
Plasma Rifle
Plasma Repeater
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Launcher
Needle Rifle
Battle Rifle (Might be leftover code)
DMR
Focus Rifle
Needler
Magnum
Rocket Launcher
Concussion Rifle
Fuel Rod Gun
Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Assault Rifle
Missile Pod & Turret
Spiker (!?)
Spartan Laser
Grenade Launcher
Machine Gun Turret
FlameThrower
Plasma Turret
Gravity Hammer

Equipment
Active Camouflage
Ammo Pack
Armor Lock
Power fist
Repulsor
Sensor Pack
Sprint
Super Jump
Jet Pack
Emp Pulse
Shield Generator
Hologram
Evade

WOW..Reach has 13 AA's and the one that I find most interesting is Repulsor.I wonder what that AA does!?! Also, Powerfists AA sounds like some crazy melee attack..Holy crap this game's mp is going to be incredibly addicting..Can't wait for September 14th..You guys better watch out for my Hologram on the battlefield...

sweet :)

Chris: We absolutely could not have made Reach without all of the Engineering magic that went on. The sheer volume of code changes and how much more we can do because of them is staggering. We have imposters, AI LOD, a new memory management system, networking (both synchronous and asynchronous), neuticle system, Big Battle flocks, new flying vehicle behaviors, stimulus system, new damage model, physics updates and improvements, perception models, lighting model upgrades… And that is just the few things off the top of my head. All of those together allow us to make moments that we have never been able to do in a Halo game. We are also able to achieve a visual fidelity for those moments (at the scale of a Halo encounter that you have come to expect) well beyond what anyone has done before on a console.

I'll believe better driving AI when I see it. It's always been better take the wheel yourself and let the AI man the gun. They never miss, and their dialog can be funny.

Halo Reach bundle coming?

Silver slim with some Reach graphics
2 wireless controllers
250GB HD
Copy of Halo Reach
$400

That is a very nice deal. The extra controller and a copy of the game is worth the extra $100.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/07/microsoft-to-release-400-halo-reach-xbox-360.ars

Ehh, it's not as nice as the MW2 bundle, which gave the extra controller, game, AND significantly larger HDD for the same $99 premium.

But it's a huge step up from the awful Halo 3 console. Which was a hideous puke green, and priced at a $50 premium for $15 of extras (play n charge kit). And as was roundly mocked, didn't include the game.

Also the Ars mole sure has slipped. He said nothing about the 360 slim, the biggest 360 hardware news since launch. Now he's reduced to tipping off minor special editions everybody knew was coming, a mere day early?

Overall still a disappointing bundle at first glance. Should have at least upped the HDD to 500GB for maximum effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of Halo Reach Special Edition Console Unboxing...

Bnet_Logo.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=27385

Picture shows wireless headset, but it doesn't come with the system. It's sold seperately and so is the controller.

edit2:
The limited edition controller and headset will also be available separately in late August for $59.99 and $49.99 respectively. The controller will include a token for "an animated Covenant Banshee avatar item."
The official announcement also mentions that the console "also features custom sound effects from the Halo universe," whatever that might mean.

@MajorNelson said:
BTW: The Halo: Reach console makes a Halo inspired sound when you turn it on, and another one (shield power up) when you eject the drive

EDIT3: Better pics of console, controller & headset

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
Back