Halo: Reach

You should have been expecting that. Halo 3 beta was 17 days I believe.

Halo 3 beta lasted 26 days -- May 16 - June 10. That's counting the 3 day extension because of the launch day issues.

Given the end date, it seems Microsoft wants to try and shift the focus to Alan Wake.

When you engage active camo, you also cause radar jamming.
that makes sense to combine them since everybody will always know when a camouflaged player is near them.

Nah, I was watching a few videos and the grenade launcher is definitely 1 shot kill with a direct hit - the caveat is that you have to reload after each shot.
But I would just fire and then switch to my secondary weapon if I miss
At 3:05 in the Carnàge Carnivàle vidoc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUv98eWVnL0#t=03m05s

The arc of the grenade is so low that it hits the ground within maybe 20 yards and then bounces back up just like the Covenant Fuel Rod Gun. So it might be a one hit kill but it definitely requires some skill.

Did it take a while for the code email to show up? I ran through the quiz and went to redeem the code, and it sent out an email but I haven't received it yet.

FYI, for those who do not know. There is a site called Microsoft Expert Zone through which there seems to be an unlimited number of beta codes. You'll need a US Proxy if your outside of the US (I used a program called HotSpot Shield), plus a valid GameStop store (use the store locator on their US website) to get the address and store number along with phone number. It also requires you to have an active hotmail account, but I would recommend creating a fake one that's not attached to your gamertag which you can do after you select your region (select US) on the website. Just make sure you select the newbie option that sets up both a hotmail account (make sure its US based) and a Microsoft Expert Zone account.

I am currently DL'ing the beta thanks to this method. If anyone needs better instructions I can write out a better list.

Quick impression based on videos: art style is definitely still Halo, but lighting looks very different, more refined. Overall detail levels are quite visibly better too. Lots of nice special FX on new weapons, explosions... Nice!

So is it out? Youtube seems to be getting a lot of videos...

Bunch of codes are being handed out from websites that you can redeem. The masses will have to settle for Monday, though it's not a bad strategy for mitigating bandwidth consumption. :p

I really hope there's more of these code offers since I'm sure any rental place will be out of copies and I can't justify $40 bucks just for a beta.
Yo guys,
I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be giving away 3 Halo Reach beta codes sometime tomorrow on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/heymarkd
Sharing the love. :)
-Mark
so do you just want to post them at some random time or what? maybe I should make a twitter account....

If you're not on Twitter, you should be. There has been all kinds given out today. But since I was at work it was hard for me to snag one. Do a search on twitter for Reach & codes, I'm sure you'll find a site or somebody to follow.

Tommy McClain

Exp Zone is going so slow for me, with multiple timeout issues. The first attempt through it failed during submit of the final quiz. Now I'm suffering through another attempt with nearly 10 minutes between page loads.

Exp Zone is going so slow for me, with multiple timeout issues. The first attempt through it failed during submit of the final quiz. Now I'm suffering through another attempt with nearly 10 minutes between page loads.

Yea, Im signing up for Exp Zone now, I created a new Live account based in the US.
When I get a code (or rather, if I get a code) can I use it with my current non-US gamertag? Or will I have to create a new US based account?

Back