Halo: Reach

That would indeed be sweet, even if 343 Studios makes the DLC instead of Bungie. 343's gotta be doing something, right?

ooh yeah 343 is else good but only if they keep asking bungie for advice.
Wouldn't mind a 3rd person view odst game like splinter cell conviction i know a lot of people hated the iraq level gameplay but found it a rough diamond that needs to be cut to a real jewel.

And dam elites are really big dont want to know if i would like to see hunters they must be Halo legend one big.:oops:

Bungie Weekly Update

Invasion sounds so awesome, and I want to see this. :smile:

If the Spartans can hold out during any one phase, the game is over and they score a victory. In celebratory fashion, UNSC Longswords will fly overhead and scrub the zone with a tactical strike, rendering any and all data stored on the core completely de-datafied! Skunked!

After watching the latest ViDoc, it seems like the "expanding-colapsing" aiming reticle could totally change MP combat. Halo's weapons never had a movement or ROF accuracy penalty, so the gameplay was always fast and loose. Seems like this change may slow down the game somewhat, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it will require people to relearn the game. No more crazy jump-strafing.

Does anyone know if the accuracy penalty is only for ROF or if it is also for movement?

After watching the latest ViDoc, it seems like the "expanding-colapsing" aiming reticle could totally change MP combat. Halo's weapons never had a movement or ROF accuracy penalty, so the gameplay was always fast and loose. Seems like this change may slow down the game somewhat, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it will require people to relearn the game. No more crazy jump-strafing.

Does anyone know if the accuracy penalty is only for ROF or if it is also for movement?

Halo always had accuracy penalty only it wasn't visible the reticule didnt grow bigger when shooting you can test it in forge with the ar.

Well, I was thinking more about the Sniper and BR. The AR is more of a spray weapon anyway. I've seen people pull off some amazing headshots while running/jumping/riding in a vehicle/etc.

Well, I was thinking more about the Sniper and BR. The AR is more of a spray weapon anyway. I've seen people pull off some amazing headshots while running/jumping/riding in a vehicle/etc.
That change won't effect the sniper(it shoots slow anyway), and you can still be pretty accurate with the DMR at a ~medium range when spamming the trigger I believe.

I Can confirm--the BR and Sniping rifle have no penalties in Halo 3 MP. At least no of importance. In Team Swat I have taken down 3 guys in one jump.

And the most amazing thing I ever saw was DeepBlue gunning in a Warthog with the laser take down nearly two dozen guys in less than two minutes. He was so brutal that we hit a nade, went flying into the air rolling, and he was shooting guys while we were barrel rolling. Looking down at the ground and seeing him HEAD SHOT guys was absolutely amazing.

Halo definitely leans toward Quake in that regards. Definitely NOT like Battlefield on the PC where the gun, trigger control, and movement BUT also body position (prone, crouched, standing, walking, running) affect accuracy.

So far it looks like Halo Reach is only adding a bloom for rate of fire and not movement?

If it's only for ROF, then that won't be that hard to adjust.

Yeah, Jared was a beast. Where is he? Last I heard, he was in Spain. I hope he comes back.

Halo: Reach beta footage analysis

The latest Halo: Reach developer diary gears up nicely for the imminent launch of the multiplayer beta, and its eight-minute duration offers up an excellent array of action for us to consider.

The game's visual make-up is similar to that of its predecessor: a mixture of indoor and outdoor environments, with the latter looking considerably more impressive than the former. The resolution boost over Halo 3 is immediately obvious though, as are the truly impressive lighting and particle effects.

Texture filtering also looks much improved (better than the alpha footage we saw in the first developer diary, in fact, though maybe this is down to the clip selection), and one of the most dramatic improvements is in the motion blur: far more apparent and more realistic. A nice subtle effect is some camera shake when there's an explosion. Also apparent is the inclusion of screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO), though its impact is subtle.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-haloreach-beta-analysis-blog-entry

So how will this beta actually work ?
Do we need to insert the ODST campaign disc & then download some update which makes the beta available from inside the game....something like Crackdown ?

That was great :oops:
Is there object m.blur on the players ?
The velocity map created for individuals seems to only be at the borders. A bit of a hybrid approach in conjunction with the camera motion blur. It's not just blurring all the pixels behind the view weapon. You can make out character silhouettes being blurred "individually" (separate object from the background/camera blur) if you do frame-by-frame at certain parts. But, it's still a bit dubious as to what is going on exactly given the low quality footage and brevity of scenes cut here and there.

Wait for the beta, I guess.

^ Its true, I've seen it in many other games like Gears of War 1/2,Team Fortress 2 PC...whenever I spin the camera around the character & neither of them actually have any per object motion blur.

Whoa, that's a long video.

Looks fun but does anyone think the Elite model at about the 13:40 mark looks terrible?
Like its made of plastic, what happened to the fantastic material shaders seen in the VGA trailer?

Evade looks surprisingly much more useful that you actually think it would be.

And Headhunter looks awesome, I wonder if you can play it with multiple teams.

Also what happened around 24:02 there were loads of red signatures on his radar - almost like someone had used a radar jammer what could be causing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back