Halo: Reach

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20885260
Spawn System | Players can select from a list of spawn locations after dying. In addition, in the Invasion game type players are paired with a fire team partner (or "battle bro") and can choose to spawn by them, co-op style, as long as they are away from enemies.
Yes! Invasion is sounding like an asymetrical Battlefield :D I really like the gameplay adjustments and additions they have chosen. I am hoping SP has seen as much evolution. As an aside I heard them say "race" on the VidDoc... hopefully it returns so we can make our own Worthog racing games.

I just feel like for a company that sell millions of copies, their first outing was meh...and double meh after that. Iam going to keep my eye on this but so far Iam not convinced. I totally lost interest in the story line after Halo 2 I was trying to understand the storyline in Halo 3 but I feel like it was poorly done..I honestly dont understand what going on.

The vidoc was amusing, but ultimately my real interest is in campaign/coop/firefight. I'm sure I'll greatly enjoy the beta, though, and I plan to spend quite a bit of time in network test 1 for the sake of coop/firefight. :smile: Would be interesting to know more about what they're doing behind the scenes (number of characters and such they're presumably simulating), but I suppose that might spoil what the limits of the final game will be.

But yeah, I can't wait to see how firefight has evolved since ODST. That protecting generators might figure into it has been suggested, which would make for a different experience

I just feel like for a company that sell millions of copies, their first outing was meh...and double meh after that. Iam going to keep my eye on this but so far Iam not convinced. I totally lost interest in the story line after Halo 2 I was trying to understand the storyline in Halo 3 but I feel like it was poorly done..I honestly dont understand what going on.

Referring to Halo: 3 and ODST, respectively?

yes, never played ODST though, Iam going to try and play through Halo 3 again and see if I just wasn't paying attention because it felt like the story was non-existant...I actually don't remember any good moments in the game.

Your actually right the halo games or lets better say the masterchief trilogie are void of story and canon compared to the novels and odst.

When i heard the vga reveal trailer i thought dam this trailer has more story and canon then the masterchief trilogie.

For me halo is a multiplayer madness fun experience not the story. ODST was actually quit good on the story part.

yes, never played ODST though, Iam going to try and play through Halo 3 again and see if I just wasn't paying attention because it felt like the story was non-existant...I actually don't remember any good moments in the game.

Actually I take that back fighting the Scarab's were pretty fun but still expected more from a AAA title.

I stopped understanding the story in Halo a long time ago :LOL: Of course skipping 2 altogether didn't help.

I'd say it passed the "way too complex" stage a long time ago...but it's still a good world.

And I'm probably one of the few people who loved ODST, and I thought 3 was disappointing.

I'd say it passed the "way too complex" stage a long time ago...but it's still a good world.

The human race and the Covenant shares a common ancestry: The Forerunners. When they realize this they become all buddy-buddy and work together to defeat their common enemy: the Grave Mind / Flood

The introduction of the Grave Mind in Halo 2, was confusing, IMO.

Cheers

The human race and the Covenant shares a common ancestry: The Forerunners. When they realize this they become all buddy-buddy and work together to defeat their common enemy: the Grave Mind / Flood

The introduction of the Grave Mind in Halo 2, was confusing, IMO.

Cheers

Halo in 5 minutes by IGN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwnrIOqhO8

What I can remember from the Halo Legends anime:

The Flood is extragalactic in origin.

The Forerunner, an advanced alien civilization, built the Halo array to destroy the Flood and it's food.

They fire up the Halos as a last resort, sacrificing themselves and all sentient life in the galaxy; but not before archiving various life forms from a bunch of planets to The Ark.

Those planets, the Covenant worlds and Earth, were then reseeded with ships like the one you ride to Earth in Halo 2.

The Forerunner are dead, but humans can activate their stuff for some reason. Also, they kept alive Flood specimens on a Halo that you accidentally set loose in the first game.

Halo in 5 minutes by IGN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIwnrIOqhO8

What I can remember from the Halo Legends anime:

The Flood is extragalactic in origin.

The Forerunner, an advanced alien civilization, built the Halo array to destroy the Flood and it's food.

They fire up the Halos as a last resort, sacrificing themselves and all sentient life in the galaxy; but not before archiving various life forms from a bunch of planets to The Ark.

Those planets, the Covenant worlds and Earth, were then reseeded with ships like the one you ride to Earth in Halo 2.

The Forerunner are dead, but humans can activate their stuff for some reason. Also, they kept alive Flood specimens on a Halo that you accidentally set loose in the first game.

The way they show it in Legends is a bit confusing but Humans are the Forerunner race reseeded. That is why the Covenant went to war with the humans. Their whole religion / society is built around the Forerunners activating the rings and transcending this existence, then the quest to activate the rings again so the Covenant can join the Forerunners. So finding out Forerunners are still around would pretty much destroy the Covenant's whole society. The Prophet of Truth discovered this and started the crusade against humanity to cover it all up.

I think the Forerunners original plan was to give their technology back to humans after society had re-evolved. Hence the 'Reclaimer' tag put on humans. But 1000 years of dark ages on Earth put the Prophets and Elites way ahead of humans (in terms of technology) so they found and took all the forerunner tech for themselves.

I always thought the stories in the Halo games were awesome. It is a pity Reach really won't have much in the way of story development for the universe as a whole.

To be honest, the exact relationship between humans and Forerunners has not yet been explained; nor what the Prophets truly expected to happen after their activation of the Halo array.
(they would have all died in Halo 2 so were they really believers? or was the plan about hiding on the Ark?)

It's true that the Covenant worshiped the Forerunners, and that they did look pretty much like humans. But it is my understanding that the Librarian has been spending her last days in Africa among primitive humans before the Halo activation, so they've already existed as two separate races at that time.

I think that there still are some intentionally unexplained pieces of the series' myth, which combined with Halo3's Legendary ending suggests that Bungie would eventually like to revisit the universe and Master Chief as well...

The way they show it in Legends is a bit confusing but Humans are the Forerunner race reseeded. That is why the Covenant went to war with the humans. Their whole religion / society is built around the Forerunners activating the rings and transcending this existence, then the quest to activate the rings again so the Covenant can join the Forerunners. So finding out Forerunners are still around would pretty much destroy the Covenant's whole society. The Prophet of Truth discovered this and started the crusade against humanity to cover it all up.

I think the Forerunners original plan was to give their technology back to humans after society had re-evolved. Hence the 'Reclaimer' tag put on humans. But 1000 years of dark ages on Earth put the Prophets and Elites way ahead of humans (in terms of technology) so they found and took all the forerunner tech for themselves.

I always thought the stories in the Halo games were awesome. It is a pity Reach really won't have much in the way of story development for the universe as a whole.

Reach, from the vga trailer is already more story-loaded than halo 3.

I think it is going to explain a lot.

Reach probably isn't going to get deep into the global Halo myth, being mostly about fighting a loosing battle and facing certain death. But because of this, it will have a more human drama in its focus, another step in the direction seen in ODST.

Reach probably isn't going to get deep into the global Halo myth, being mostly about fighting a loosing battle and facing certain death. But because of this, it will have a more human drama in its focus, another step in the direction seen in ODST.

It's probably certain death, but we know from ODST that at least a couple of people made it off Reach. I'd like to come across Buck somewhere during the game ...

It would be kind of cool (or at least different) if Reach were like a Shakespearean tragedy where everyone dies.

It's probably certain death, but we know from ODST that at least a couple of people made it off Reach. I'd like to come across Buck somewhere during the game ...

We know that the covenant didn't glassed the planet i believe only the poles were glassed they were looking for Forerunner tech. The book First strike tells about it.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_First_Strike

So i hope to get a singleplayer dlc about MC going back to reach one can only hope:rolleyes:

That would indeed be sweet, even if 343 Studios makes the DLC instead of Bungie. 343's gotta be doing something, right?

Back