Intel in new lawsuit

I suppose it could be coincidental that the suit was filed by the same state that is the site of AMD's or rather GF's new fabs.

I think it more realistic that this would make the state much more amenable than it would otherwise be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following comment on the matter from this report:
I don't think most people know exactly what this means. New York's AG is Andrew Cuomo. Simply put, this guy serves out justice like candy on Halloween. His idea of "fun" is ruining bad guys' lives in order to benefit just about the ENTIRE NATION.

For example, he discovered Student Loan manipulation on the parts of lenders and universities. He pressed charges against many universities and, in response, many of those ***universities*** REFUNDED students money. Additionally, his office discovered a huge healthcare fraud situation by United Healthcare. They had done terrible things, such as refusing cancer treatment for people, claiming that cancer was a "pre-existing condition." He's done plenty of other things, such as taking down Eliot Spitzer for both his sexual escapades and his inappropriate use of law enforcement for surveillance of State Officials.

So, what I'm trying to say is this: INTEL IS SCREWED. BIG TIME.

Didn't Intel lose some email backups 'by accident' at the time?
I guess everybody knows they are not clean. The question is how much it's going to cost them by the time all the lawsuits are done.

I suppose all the dirty linen that will be washed in the courtroom as a result of this lawsuit will be called in as evidence in AMD's separate antitrust case as well. More than the fines, the kind of restrictions are placed (or not placed) on intel will be more interesting to see.

"A.M.D. said it would withdraw all regulatory complaints worldwide."

Without AMD's complaints the state and federal cases fall apart. Basically AMD made all anti-trust cases go away and pocketed the money themselves instead of letting various governments get the fine money.

how so, they can still force AMD to take "the stand" . I guess it also depends if they are going after intel because of damage done to consumers or to compeditors. if consumers then what happened today shouldn't make any difference.

how so, they can still force AMD to take "the stand" . I guess it also depends if they are going after intel because of damage done to consumers or to compeditors. if consumers then what happened today shouldn't make any difference.

Exactly, particularly the NY AG who is known as a ferocious attack dog when he sets his target,. most likely even if AMD does withdraw, it's up to the state's attorney general to decide to pursue the case any further and given he's gone this far I have no doubt he has any issue issuing subpoenas to AMD and Intel alike along with any OEMs to bolster the case, if anything it actually strengthens the NY case as Intel had a LOT to lose and settlement was an easier out the going 6-0 in Anti-trust cases and possibly losing access to x86-64 (good bye Core-iSeries) along with other numerous cross patent agreements that would in effect prohibit Intel from making any claims against AMD for it's use of x86 and total disable Intels ability to sell any Core and up CPUs.

Back