Dark Mod version 1 is out (theif like)

Interesting, almost makes me wish I hadn't taken my Doom 3 discs out in the field and shot them to pieces a few years ago.

I'll have to see if anyone I know still has Doom 3 that I can borrow to try this out, before taking it out in the field and shooting it to pieces.

Loved the thief series. Was so sad when Looking Glass bit the dust. :(

Regards,
SB

Nice to see so much love for older engines and games these days. Reminds me, I need to finish The Delta Sector Far Cry mod and all those HL2 single player mods I got :p

The latest "Fan Mission" for The Dark Mod 1.02 by Bikerdude is quite a stunner and a technical achievement of sorts (Bikerdude had to use a 4GB Patch on the Doom 3 executable to compile the map, Linux mappers haven't run into this issue so it was technically possible before now).

Check out the terrific screen-shots courtesy of Rage3d veteran AluminumHaste at the Moddb site:

St Alban's Cathedral Images

No problem. My obsession with the mod has now landed me a little task of promoting it at Moddb so I hope I don't come off like a spammer :LOL: :oops:

The sheer scope of the SDK coding changes needed to make a total conversion mod like this are astounding. I just don't understand how this mod isn't a household name amongst PC gamers.

I guess they need to add machine guns and reduce the stealth game-play element. :rolleyes:

I guess they need to add machine guns and reduce the stealth game-play element. :rolleyes:

Thief series is one of the PC classics from one of the best computer game dev houses ever, so it definitely should be more popular. Adding machine guns would perhaps be more in line with the console demographic ;). But even the Splinter Cell, a stealth franchise born on a console has been dumbed down anyway.

A French gaming site claims a recent Thief 4 demo was 90% 3rd person... So TDM is the last vestige of the original Thief style game-play style AFAIK...

Moddb has begun their Mod of the Year voting. Will someone have the kindness to vote for a mod who's authors have spent 6 years coding (think of the children?)...?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

Thanks!

nbohr1more

:)

One last minute appeal... Please give these guys some credit...

Oh, and votes don't count as much unless you sign-up for a Moddb account

(yep... big scam... wait till they launch their Desura "premium platform" then folks will really begin to gripe..."I have to install something to see the best mods" ugh... :oops: )

Thanks green.pixel !

And thanks to all those who may have visited this thread and voted. We are now in the Top 100!

Now I will request votes for phase -two of the voting.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

Thanks!

(I do feel a little bad that some of the other long suffering Doom III mods like Hexen and Ruiner didn't make it though... There should be more than one Doom III mod up for MOTY! )

I voted again yar. It is too bad about hexen edge of chaos. It was fun, though i did not finish it yet. I know sad considering how short it is :)

Back