Formula 1 - 2010 Season

IMHO Hamilton had simply bad luck! I love when he is racing for positions and wouldn't want him to stop doing it.
Of course he could position his car slightly different into the corner as Kubica did, but I'm sure he was certain Webber is far behind him already.
Webber on the other hand had two options to consider. Fight for the position as he did or simply let it go and bank on certain points.
His move was within regulations and not overly optimistic (remember Melbourne2010? ). Can't really blame him because I would do exactly the same thing in his position.

I thought Mark Webber should have seen that Hamilton was ahead of him, and that he won't have slowed back to allow him to gain the lead, which made my conclusion that Webber should have slowed down. It seems Webber didn't slow down because it isn't his problem if he crashes with Lewis, simply because you can replace front wing and you cannot for the back.

Yes but if you are in the championship run and your rivals are in front of you and you are racing on a track which makes it hard you don't really want to risk damaging your car.

I think it's simply just a racing incident. Both of them didn't make weird moves. Hamilton never really got in front of Webber but he had to try and overtake. He turned in a didn't leave Webber enough space to brake enough not to hit him. Webber, just like Hamilton is in the championship hunt so he can't risk just letting his rivals pass easily either.

At the end of the day it is impossible to blame Webber because he didn't had a place to go and you can't really blame Hamilton either because he did pass Webber (more or less) but there just wasn't enough space for both of them but he probably wanted to try and make it stick or hope Webber would give up easy.

Racing incident I think.

For me, Hamilton didn't give enough room. If it were a straight line, it would look like Hamilton cut into Webber. Otoh, Webber were just too fast entering that corner.. even if Hamilton gave him some space, it looked like Webber would still ram Hamilton (if this is the case then Webber is completely at fault).

Is it just a bad luck or McLaren car is too fragile when dealing with external forces?

Same drivers got involved in Australia didn't they?

If both collided and Webber retired people will still blame Hamilton. I don't think either should have given way, for Hamilton he was ahead, for Webber he wasn't too far behind.

I think we should curb this unproductive discussion and instead focus on the races that remain. It is supposed to be 4 races; Japan, Korea, Brazil and Abu Dhabi, but the Korea race is in peril. If it does not get FIA approval when the inspection occurs after the Japanese Grand Prix, we are just left with 3 races. 75 points to decide the winner and 5 people are still in it. Based on Alonso's run of form, his experience and Ferrari being 100% behind him, I think he has a great shot at the title, but if Alonso can't win it, I hope Webber does.

Well Webber wasn't on the racing line, so he wouldn't had gone that fast. Hamilton overtook him going there. But from all the angle it looks like Hamilton squeezed Webber and made the contact. Webber was there first at the apex of the corner going quite slowly since he was off the racing line going there. I reckon if Webber was going too fast they would both be out of the race. It was just luck that Webber got to finish the race.

I think we should curb this unproductive discussion and instead focus on the races that remain. It is supposed to be 4 races; Japan, Korea, Brazil and Abu Dhabi, but the Korea race is in peril. If it does not get FIA approval when the inspection occurs after the Japanese Grand Prix, we are just left with 3 races. 75 points to decide the winner and 5 people are still in it. Based on Alonso's run of form, his experience and Ferrari being 100% behind him, I think he has a great shot at the title, but if Alonso can't win it, I hope Webber does.

What's wrong with Korea track ? Is it not finished or is there something more serious ?

What's wrong with Korea track ? Is it not finished or is there something more serious ?
It's not finished, but it is the amount that is not finished that is the decider. It can have several rough edges, but the FIA have to see a safe track with accommodations for staff and spectators.

So apparently Hamilton has been slapped a 5 place penalty for having a gear change in his car.
Yeah, that won't help him.

Anyway, today was a washout. Rain and rain and rain, P3 and quali didn't really happen, so quali will be tomorrow (hopefully) and the race should be dry.

If it isn't a dry quali, RBR will get some competition I think. If it is completely dry, I think RBR will run away with it. Hopefully Alonso can fight for the win.

Well it was a bit of a boring race I think. Though Kobayashi was great to watch. It's even more fun to watch with the bbc's somewhat sarcastic commentary about his all or nothing driving style.

Cowboyashi is fantastic. Hamilton lost 3rd gear in the latter part of the race so Hamilton let Button through. Two times in the race, wheels came off cars. First it was Kubica who lost a wheel and then at the very end it was Rosberg. Very dangerous.

Schumi did his best race, but he should have overtaken Rosberg when Schumi had new tyres. They were side by side but Rosberg covered Schumi's move.

Vettel won convincingly, Webber took fastest lap and Alonso was solidly in 3rd. It was a manic start to the race, though. Massa crashed out with Liuzzi (Massa's fault) and Petrov crashed out with Hülkenberg (Petrov's fault, but he was avoiding another car, so...)

Maybe Massa will be fired from Ferrari? Massa is not holding up to the pressure Ferrari is putting on him.

Great race by Vettel. I hope he wins the WDC. I've always been a fan of the fastest guy winning the title. Nice moves by Koybikazi! Good pass by Schumacher on Ruebens and then strong pressure on Rosberg in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well technically Webber did the fastest lap of the race, so by the fastest driver should win the championship rational, it should be Webber - Although as an Aussie i might be a bit biased :)

Great Race though very exciting first lap, schumaker finally starting to look like a decent driver again too. It's kinda sad that when the driver first drivers so well he ends up getting relatively little coverage.
Good win for Vettel, i'm happy to see him get it, now he will start taking more stupid risks and crash out again - leaving the championship to Webber!

Back