Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Yeah there is no doubt there is movement at speed.
Look at the positions - clearly it's just that the car and wing are depressed because they've not got pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone cares or if some of you already follow this, but there's a new episode of An Aside with Joe up sidepodcast.com

http://sidepodcast.com/category/an-aside-with-joe/

It's a podcast about F1 where users of sidepodcast can post questions that the host asks F1 journalist Joe Saward. It is a good podcast, plenty of humour (if you like dry, British wit) and some good behind-the-scenes info, opinion and stories.

Friday practice over, Saturday qualification over and not a single comment in here:?:

What is happening with you guys:!:

This was one of the most exciting Q1,2,3 I saw! The rain helped as it often does :D.

I'm really looking forward to todays race! Webber P1, Vettel P4. The latter seems to be a tad quicker when track conditions are good, but I don't think that's enough to come by Webber (mainly because he has Lewis and Robert to beat first).

McLaren is very quick around Spa so Ham has a big chance to fight for the 1st step of the podium. Button will have a chance to use his gift as to when switch tyres during race and this might give him a podium finish.

Ferraris had a bad Q3, especially Alonso. First corner will be crucial!

Williams is really showing it's good side lately! They develop car very well and now they are comfortable in front of Mercedes. Shame all the upgrades came a bit too late for them.

Finally Renault now have F-Duct and it looks fast! This is Spa, quite a bit engine race and look how close RK was to MW. Bear in mind Kubica is using old engine for this race where Mark and most of the other cards around him (except Vettel) are on new units.
I wouldn't be surprised if in one of remaining races Renault will win. Hard to achieve, yes. Impossible, not anymore.

Yeah, I didn't catch the qualy live but saw the replay, pretty damn hectic with the weather. Looking forward to the race for sure. Go Webber !!

i recon breaking his figer the next time he does his stupid no.1 shit, that should teach him a good lesson. I also notice when things go bad its "we" when they go well its "I". i dont know about other people but that kind of thing shits me no end.

this describes the way i feel perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh6pZQX22CQ

this is who that guy is Impersonating
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_Read

By his mid-teens, Read was already an accomplished street fighter and the leader of the Surrey Road gang. He began his criminal career by robbing drug dealers, based in massage parlours in the Prahran area. He later graduated to kidnapping and torturing members of the criminal underworld, often using a blowtorch or bolt cutters to remove the toes of his victims as an incentive for them to produce enough money so that Chopper would leave them alive.[1]

While in Pentridge prison's H division in the late 1970s, Read launched a prison war. His gang, dubbed "The Overcoat Gang" because they wore long coats all year round to conceal their weapons, were involved in several hundred acts of violence against a larger opposing gang during this period. Around this time, Read had a fellow inmate cut both of his (Read's) ears off in order to be able to leave H division temporarily. While in his early biographies Read claimed this was to avoid an ambush by other inmates, by being transferred to the mental health wing, his later works state that he did so to "win a bet". The nickname "Chopper" was given to him long before this, from a childhood cartoon character.

and thats the end of my off topic.

I think now Red Bull are going to push Mark Webber for the WDC while McLaren Mercedes will push Lewis Hamilton.

I can't see Button outperforming anyone bar his teammate, therefore I think this championship is between Webber, Vettel and Hamilton.

Went to the Spa GP and came back yesterday evening. Had a spot near the end of the straight when race up the hill so I had a pretty good view and I could hear the race when they are on full throttle so the sound was pretty amazing too. Though it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. At a concert you will feel the sound inside your body. The high pitch engine sound is loud enough to hurt your ears but it doesn't have much punch in it.

But Spa really needs to change some things because while the race was fun to watch the rest pretty much sucked ass.

The state of the cicuit if a mess. Getting to your spot has more in common with mountain climbing that with walking. Most of the paths are muddy with tons of loose rocks everywhere.

But the worst the is actually getting to the circuit. I live only 65km from the circuit, just across the border but getting there takes 4 hours and getting back takes more than 5 hours.

It starts with lousy train transport. The closest you can get to Spa by train is Verviers which is still 20km away. But that 45km train ride already takes more than 1 hour. But that isn't the worst part. Actually getting to the track from Verviers show that all the jokes Dutch people make about Belgians being stupid arn't jokes but are the truth!

So here you are, at the verviers station. You now have to take the bus. OK, no problem you would think. WIth tens of thousands of visitors coming you'd think they would have plenty of special busses to take people straight to the circuit. But they don't. Not on Friday and Saturday. So you have to take the normal bus! On Sunday they had special busses but they had so few that it still took ages to get on one. Once you finally manage to get on a bus you are in for a looong bus ride. The biggest problem is that all the traffic going to the circuit has to come over a single lane road so obviously that just doesn't work and things turn into a huge traffic jam.

OK, I can live with that. But than you arrrive at the circuit. Or rather, about a 45min walk away from the circuit. Yes, you can't actually get anywhere close the circuit. That is just insane. I went to Suzuka too and over there the bus stops infront of the entrance.

The organization is just FUBAR. Scientist always look for the missing link between monkeys and humans but I think we found it already. It are the Belgians. Seriously, you gotta be one big fucking retard to arrange things the way they did. They need to get rid off the single lane road. Which can't be that hard btw because there is a highway only a couple of km from the circuit and they need to make sure the damn busses actually stop at the circuit, not somewhere halfway. They need to lose the 85+ small parking spots and just cut down a part of the forrest and make one bigass parking lot.

It was a terrible quali and race for Alonso. First they made the wrong tyre call in Q3, then again in the race and then RB crashed into him and then he spun and broke his front left suspension.

Vettel sucks at overtaking. He is aggressive but unlike Hamilton he is not decisive. I don't like Vettel.

Back