Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Wow, that was an exciting Q3. Vettel smoked everyone, Webber in second and Alonso in third. Rosberg, Button, Hamilton, Massa, Kubica, Schumacher and Sutil is the top ten.

Have you guys seen the chin fungus on Lewis Hamilton? He looks like he lives in Amish country.

I remember there was a roundup of how commentators had handled the final stages of the 2008 Brazil race. It kinda confirmed that the British commentary team were the best as they had figured out what might happen based on Glock sliding all over the palce, before it happened, and then they followed it through until it did happen. I think one of the German commentary teams were the second best to realise while others still didn't figure it out until after the race finished.

I totally agree!
British F1 TV coverage is the best! I love to watch and listen to their full coverage from Free Practice to Race and post race analysis!
Commentators are funny, knowledgeable and behave properly on the live transmission.
I had experienced Polish equivalent and it was so bad that I've turned down volume on TV and just looked to the transmission itself.
Luckily for me I'm forced to watch F1 in Poland only once or twice in a year ... and I have BBC one recorded and waiting for me at home :D.

Regarding todays race - just WOW!

Only small issue was the second SC :???:
Why? And why for so long? To spice the show and/or mix it even more?

It's strange that McLaren and/or Hamilton didn't get penalized on the pit incident with Vettel, wasn't there new rule this year that you're not allowed to send in your driver out from pits if another car is coming too close?

In boxing, there's a saying that a fighter can get old overnight. I think the same applies to racing. In this case, this applies to Schumacher.

If he goes at this pace, I don't expect him to finish up his contract. Instead, he'll bow out at the end of the season. In no way, does this put a dent in his legacy. However, I think his fast days are well behind him. Ofcourse, I hope he turns it around and proves me wrong but I don't see it happening.

Schumacher car wasn't set up right, I think he missed one of the practice session due to puncture. But he has no traction going out of corner and it was just destroying his rear which make the problem worst.

I think the Vettel Hamilton pit lane incident happens because Lewis got wheelspin when he got out, that's why he looked like he was release into Vettel. In fact they were released at the same time.

Congrats to Button though.

What a crazy race. Alonso marginally did a jump start, stopped a thousand times and came fourth.

Button did a really good job, I'm really impressed. I thought Hamilton would cream him, but Button has won twice.

Petrov kicked ass, he had a spin but overtook Schumi and Webber to get a nice load of points.

Massa just proves again to me that he is not good in the wet. Schumi is not hooked up with the car, he clearly needs something with a better front-end and better traction.

Rosberg on the podium again, good job, though he needs to win a race soon.

Man, I wish Alonso hadn't jumped the start ...

regarding the bbc have you noticed eddie jordan starts nearly every reply with "well"
He also says "if I may" and stuff about David Coulthard's mother.

Jordan is a character, no doubt about it.

I also have to say that Schumacher vs. Hamilton was very entertaining. Schumi did a great job defending against Hamilton for those laps. It was great fun. :)

Schumacher car wasn't set up right, I think he missed one of the practice session due to puncture. But he has no traction going out of corner and it was just destroying his rear which make the problem worst.

Correct, that's what Schumacher said right after qualifying 9th to the German press and that he thought it would be very first to better his position during the race because he had problems with his setup and due to not being allowed to change his setup would make it extremely difficult. The rain probably helped him get further in front for a while but it wasn't long until they eventually got passed.

All tracks need to be equipped with a sprinkler system spraying a random amount of water on the track, in case there is not real rain available.

Last three races have been the best F1 entertainment in decades.

What a crazy race. Alonso marginally did a jump start, stopped a thousand times and came fourth.
Posts and names do not fit on my mobile at the same time but i knew this was one of yours. He was miles clear by the first corner which doesn't happen from a marginal jump start. Looking at button and hamiltons faces it's pretty clear hamilton was given the 'back off' message.

Posts and names do not fit on my mobile at the same time but i knew this was one of yours. He was miles clear by the first corner which doesn't happen from a marginal jump start. Looking at button and hamiltons faces it's pretty clear hamilton was given the 'back off' message.
I've been watching it more and it was a blatant jump start. Still, Alonso came fourth.

Whitmarsh said they had not given a back-off message to their drivers and Hamilton was all over the place in the last few laps. I think he was pushing but both of them did not have any tyres left.

Have they ruled on the Hamilton Vettel pitlane incident yet ? It would be a shame if Hamilton get spot penalty for next race.

reprimand :
"McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel have been reprimanded following a pit-lane incident at the Chinese Grand Prix."

Looking at button and hamiltons faces it's pretty clear hamilton was given the 'back off' message.
it was 55th lap (from 56) when radio told him to keep his position
At that moment he was 1.5sec behind Button, I don't think he could catch him and overtake in 1 lap.
5 laps before that he was ~ 9-10 sec behind, but Button went wide and lost 4sec and slowed his pace - Hamilton gaining 1s/lap

And I wonder what must happen in order to punish some people? for running outside the allowed corridor in the pits, for example?!

All tracks need to be equipped with a sprinkler system spraying a random amount of water on the track, in case there is not real rain available.

Last three races have been the best F1 entertainment in decades.
Might be entertaining to watch, but IMO last race has little to do with sport and is more like a lottery. There was some great racing and overtaking, but the sport and competition part just becomes a lottery, which is a shame IMO.

it was 55th lap (from 56) when radio told him to keep his position
At that moment he was 1.5sec behind Button, I don't think he could catch him and overtake in 1 lap.
5 laps before that he was ~ 9-10 sec behind, but Button went wide and lost 4sec and slowed his pace - Hamilton gaining 1s/lap

And I wonder what must happen in order to punish some people? for running outside the allowed corridor in the pits, for example?!

I think they were a bit concerned that Hamilton would provoke Button into a stupid mistake and lose a strong 1-2.

Back