Formula 1 - 2010 Season

Drivers in bold are confirmed, nonbold are my speculation and "educated" guesses.

Mercedes GP: Rosberg and Schumacher
Red Bull: Vettel and Webber
McLaren: Hamilton and Button
Ferrari: Alonso and Massa
Williams: Barrichello and Hulkenberg
Renault: Kubica and ??
Force India: Liuzzi and Sutil
Toro Rosso: Buemi and Alguersuari
Campos: Senna and Maldonado or Petrov
Lotus: Trulli and Kovalainen
Virgin: Glock and di Grassi
USF1: ??
Sauber: Kobayashi and de la Rosa

Changelog:
de la Rosa is confirmed at Sauber.

Only 5 seats are not filled, USF1, 1 Renault, 1 Toro Rosso and 1 Campos.

DaveB is not interested in PR.. LOL.

A question.. who would pay (and by that I mean pay extra) to watch F1?

Would you still tune into F1 if it was on Sky Sport (and you did not already subscribe to it and you were not into Football or Cricket - sorry I dont know any other sports apart from maybe Kabadi) or Pay Per View?

I don't think I would but there probably are countries where you have to. When I visted my friend in Japan we also watched F1 and he told me he needed a decoder or whatever to watch it. It wasn't on one of the channels you get in the basic cable package or however that might work in Japan and other countries (in Holland you have 1 package with most of the commercial and public channels and than you can sign up and pay extra for channels like movie channel, live sports channel (mostly football, stuff like tennis and F1 and iceskating is always on the main cable channels) etc).

DaveB is not interested in PR.. LOL.

A question.. who would pay (and by that I mean pay extra) to watch F1?

Would you still tune into F1 if it was on Sky Sport (and you did not already subscribe to it and you were not into Football or Cricket - sorry I dont know any other sports apart from maybe Kabadi) or Pay Per View?

Depends on the price tag ...
I can always ask one of my friends to set up live broadcast over the internet from Poland for instance ...

But one is for sure, if BBC crew would be involved (commentators, ex. drivers) than I'm happy to pay even £50-£100 p.a. for privilege to watch and listen to them and not some monkeys from Polish TV ;) (they really are that bad!!!)

We do pay over £100 per annum - it is called the TV License.

If I had to pay more money on top then... well the internet is my friend :)

Did you read Joe Saward's blog about the different route PR people can take to get into F1? If not, here is it, it might be of interest to you.
I've already managed one "general interest to career" move and, while admittedly I've harboured the thought, I'm not convinced I can pull it off twice! (Though, if you see a site named BeyondGP registered, you know I may be beginning to try! :p )

I've already managed one "general interest to career" move and, while admittedly I've harboured the thought, I'm not convinced I can pull it off twice! (Though, if you see a site named BeyondGP registered, you know I may be beginning to try! :p )
Well, if you ever decide to go for it, we'll support you! :cool:

They got someone to drive. Kubica. And given that the drivers who are left are worse than he is there isnt a point in rushing as Kubica will be the one who has to do the job the most. Beter give him as much time possible and get the car the way he wants it.

They got someone to drive. Kubica. And given that the drivers who are left are worse than he is there isnt a point in rushing as Kubica will be the one who has to do the job the most. Beter give him as much time possible and get the car the way he wants it.
Kubica can't win both championships alone.

Kubica can't win both championships alone.

At least he will try his best :D
I just hope his partner will be decent (a lot better than Grosjean or kamikaze Nakajima). I hoped Kobayashi would join him, but Sauber was quicker :cry:!

Can't wait till first tests! Wonder how much every team will be showing/hiding at the beginning.

BTW Renault R30 didn't pass front crash tests. They wanted to make nose as light as possible and overdid it slightly. But they should be ready for end of this month with a car.
Haven't heard any bad (or even good) info about Ferrari and Brawn cars ....
Red Bull is either late with development or they simply decided not to show they cards during first official test ...

If only there would be a pill to swallow which make you sleep for 2 more months! :devilish:

At least he will try his best :D
I just hope his partner will be decent (a lot better than Grosjean or kamikaze Nakajima). I hoped Kobayashi would join him, but Sauber was quicker :cry:!

Can't wait till first tests! Wonder how much every team will be showing/hiding at the beginning.

BTW Renault R30 didn't pass front crash tests. They wanted to make nose as light as possible and overdid it slightly. But they should be ready for end of this month with a car.
Haven't heard any bad (or even good) info about Ferrari and Brawn cars ....
Red Bull is either late with development or they simply decided not to show they cards during first official test ...

If only there would be a pill to swallow which make you sleep for 2 more months! :devilish:
Failing a crash test is no big deal, it just tells me they are pushing the envelope and trying hard.

Who can fill the 2nd Renault seat? Heidfeld? Sure, he has current experience and a lot of it, but he is not a race winner.

Vitaly Petrov? Sure, he has had decent results in GP2 (came second last year) and apparently he brings good sponsorship as well.

Takuma Sato? He could be interesting due to the fact that Renault and Nissan are in an alliance together. He has tested for Toro Rosso so he has a bit of current experience.

Jacques Villeneuve? He didn't impress last time he drove a Renault in F1, but he is a effervescent person who is not afraid to speak his mind. He has stated he would love to drive on slicks again and that he'd love racing with race fuel on-board.

Romain Grosjean? He was thrown in at the far end and almost drowned. He could be given the seat based on the fact that he has actually driven an F1 car in the last 6 months, but I don't know if he has the inherent speed. He also seems to have lost a bit of speed after his GP2 crash in Monaco last year. Maybe it messed up his head.

Nelsinho Piquet? Nope, he's going to NASCAR.

Christian Klien? I don't know, he's never stood out for me.

Anthony Davidson? Same as with Klien, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drivers in bold are confirmed, nonbold are my speculation and "educated" guesses. Some names are hyperlinks to stories about the confirmation.

Mercedes GP: Rosberg and Schumacher
Red Bull: Vettel and Webber
McLaren: Hamilton and Button
Ferrari: Alonso and Massa
Williams: Barrichello and Hulkenberg
Renault: Kubica and ??
Force India: Liuzzi and Sutil
Toro Rosso: Buemi and Alguersuari
Campos: Senna and Maldonado or Petrov
Lotus: Trulli and Kovalainen
Virgin: Glock and di Grassi
USF1: ??
Sauber: Kobayashi and de la Rosa

Changelog: Alguersuari confirmed at Toro Rosso.

Back