Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion Archive [2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why everytime Treyarch has so many problems to develop on the ps3 version... last BLOPS has the same issue in the netcode & now this AA, why?

Well those ps3 version customers have only themselves to blame, if they kept on buying Treyarch's half assed BS then it's not really encouraging the devs to fix the problem now is there? I feel sorry for those poor dudes who got exploited.

Simple... they're lazy devs...
This is by far the most annoying and ignorant developer complaint ever.

I'd be willing to bet my life's savings that most developers are not lazy, just overworked, stifled creatively, and given ridiculous deadlines that they can't hope to match.

I highly highly doubt their "problems" with PS3 architecture stem from laziness.

Since they seem to be taking their time with this face off, hopefully they go pretty deep with the analysis.

Well those ps3 version customers have only themselves to blame, if they kept on buying Treyarch's half assed BS then it's not really encouraging the devs to fix the problem now is there? I feel sorry for those poor dudes who got exploited.

You assume the problem is easy, or even possible, to fix. Also there's nothing half assed about game development.

Unfortunately it's because of posts like this that we have less and less devs posting on the console side of this forum. :mad:

Would've been nice to see some comparisons of the PS3 vs 360 without the patch.

edit: 1.03 was released for PS3. Looks like textures are even sharper than pre-1.02 and MUCH better than 1.02. In some parts, foliage and power lines look smoothed out a bit still, but still much better overall. Good job Treyarch. Wonder if this affects the performance at all. Hopefully DF updates their article.
http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200532207?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I didn't think they would post this DF until next week.

Still I'm actually impressed with the new ideas Treyarch added to this title. Makes me look forward to see what they do next Gen.

I guess a patch went out today fixing the blur issue on the ps3. If they do any kind of face off with the Wii-U version, hopefully they update the comparison with patched footage on the ps3.

I'm sure they didn't want to have wasted all the time capturing the blurry footage, but it's kinda shitty of them to go ahead and publish that comparison, especially with the fix going out the same day.

I'm sure they didn't want to have wasted all the time capturing the blurry footage, but it's kinda shitty of them to go ahead and publish that comparison, especially with the fix going out the same day.

It's more sh!tty just to release the game in the previous conditions. I mean, is not normal a patch become the rules in this generation to fix the problems. In any case I found weird the decision to post the comparison with this 'setting'.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would imagine the footage was captured before they even knew the patch would go live. Highly doubt it was done on purpose.

It's more sh!tty just to release the game in the previous conditions. I mean, is not normal a patch become the rules in this generation to fix the problems. In any case I found weird the decision to post the comparison with this 'setting'.

It was likely a bug with the patch IMO.

Update: It's all change again, with another PS3 patch rolled out on November 17 restoring the look of the game to the unpatched original. Image quality still favours the Microsoft platform however: moving to the 360 version after a PS3 session is still like wiping away the grease from a lens.
So basically it means they don't update the comparison? A real pity, because texture in the long distance seems gain something more compared the game without any patch. I was really curious to see that difference.

So basically it means they don't update the comparison? A real pity, because texture in the long distance seems gain something more compared the game without any patch. I was really curious to see that difference.

Maybe we get a definite statement, when he compares the WiiU version with the other versions this week. ;)

I would imagine the footage was captured before they even knew the patch would go live. Highly doubt it was done on purpose.

It was likely a bug with the patch IMO.
I don't think it was done on purpose, but it was pretty obvious that they were going to fix it soon. Waiting a day or two wouldn't of hurt. Plus it would be nice to see some screens rather than just saying "it still favors the Microsoft console". I'm sure there are some PS3 owners that are curious how it compares and can judge for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back