Resonance of Fate [PS3,X360]

I already have this game and it kicks ass so far. So much better then overrated FFXIII.

For those of you that are getting the game, be sure to take your characters to the training arena very early in the game. If you jump in any battles right away, your going to be completely clueless on how things work. This game is very innovating and different compare to most rpg's out there.

It looks like this one and Valkyria Chronicles are the two best JRPG's this gen so far. Demon's Souls, ToV and Lost Odyssey are behind them. I just pick up WKC too and will play it shortly. My friends wanted me to get it.

I already have this game and it kicks ass so far.

I sensed the X-factor but couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly it is. I do like the art style quite a bit.

It looks like this one and Valkyria Chronicles are the two best JRPG's this gen so far. Demon's Souls, ToV and Lost Odyssey are behind them. I just pick up WKC too and will play it shortly. My friends wanted me to get it.

I rate Demon's Souls higher than Valkyria Chronicles. Gameplay-wise, it's unbeaten yet. ^_^

I'd like to see RoF try ! Now you've piqued my interest.

For PS3 owners, this truly is the spring of JRPGs.

FF XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance Of Fate/End Of Eternity
Star Ocean 4 International

Weird how they all got bunched up into the same couple of months, after 3 years of slim pickings.

You don't say !

I'm more of an adventure game guy. My confirmed purchase list looks like this:
Y3
Resonance of Fate
FFXIII
Heavy Rain
GoW3

...with GoW Collection and MAG by the side. Not to mention the recent Valkyria Chronicles DLC. I think I have enough to last me until end of the year !

Demon's Souls has absolutely no story. The challenging factor is it's strongest point. I'm actually grown tired of these medieval dungeon settings.

The reason why I put VC and RoF(most likely) as my favorites is because of the art direction(VC using water color and RoF using steam punk) and both battle systems are quite different from the norm compared to a lot of jrpgs. There's some references here and there but I mostly finding these games refreshing because it's hard to relate them.

Yeah it's a really good time to be an RPG gamer. I'm half way through ME2, have made somewhat of a dent in both Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean 4, and am blitzing through FFXIII. I have two copies of Yakuza 3 unopened (online order was cancelled by the store, so I bought it locally, only to get back to my desk to find the store shipped my order :/) and Resonance of Fate looks incredible too. I also have to make more of a dent if Valkyria Chronicles - only made to Ch5 or so. "Good" thing White Knight Chronicles seems to be getting a mediocre reception or I may as well have resigned from my social life :)

For PS3 owners, this truly is the spring of JRPGs.

FF XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Resonance Of Fate/End Of Eternity
Star Ocean 4 International

Weird how they all got bunched up into the same couple of months, after 3 years of slim pickings.

Yeah no kidding I want them all plus eternal sonata and demon souls but I can only afford 2 so I picked up Star Ocean as I love that battle system and likely FFXIII.

Demon's Souls has absolutely no story. The challenging factor is it's strongest point. I'm actually grown tired of these medieval dungeon settings.

Demon's Souls has a very interesting story, with some really fascinating characters in it. The game just doesn't force it down your throat every 5 minutes.

just got my game today. have not reach a battle but the graphic is good.
there so many thing on screen that moving. Moving gears, moving light, moving texture etc etc. making the map feel have a "life". not just static thing.

really, RoF graphic look alot better in gameplay than in screenshots :D

Bought FFXIII and it is still unopened bought this game for the 360 the day it came out. Was going to wait until after beating FF but it became apparent that there weren't going to be many copies of this game lying around (none of the Best Buys or Wal-marts carry this game in my city and it has been slim pickings at Gamestop.). Been playing it every day.

I put TOV above this game when it comes to overall quality (Story, how it is presented, battle system, graphics, and other bits.). TOV is just a better package but the battle system in RoF is above most other traditional JRPGs released this generation. Suspend mode is a great addition but I would have liked it better with a save anywhere option. The graphics are nice but the story and presentation of it is kind of blah so far but better than the horrible presentation in both SO4 and IU. With that said this is certainly the best game tri-Ace has done all generation.

Back