Anyone else ever suffer Asus' customer support?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I'm having a serious nightmare dealing with Asus, and they're just about as incompetent as I've seen a company be about my problems. :???:

It's insane, it's ridiculous, it's fucking not good for my heart!

Anyone else have any experience with them? I'd like to know if I'm the exception or the rule.

You mean telephone support? All I know is that they make crappy OSD hotkey software and would like to strangle whoever coded that sorry mess.

Is your problem with their hw or sw?

Digi I am not a fan of Asus. What motherboard companies have good support anymore? I have an evga motherboard now. I imagine/hope they will have good support if I ever need it. Asus was bad when I dealt with them but that was quite awhile ago. Foxconn was better.

Hardware, I'm going on my third RMA on an M3A78-T. I've sent it in twice so far and they've sent it back in the same non-functioning condition twice; and they've had me jumping through hoops, second guessing myself, and just generally stressing the hell out of me over the last 3 weeks now. :(

On the bright side, it looks like it may really be finally over. I just was contacted by an Asus rep who is looking to make everything all better, which was nice but it was exactly 97 seconds after I hit the order button from Amazon ordering a Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H. It was $95 with guaranteed delivery by Monday, which seems more than fair to me right now.

I'm suspending shenanigans until Monday, we'll see what happens then. I'm just tired of all the stress and the awful feeling of powerlessness when dealing with them, I'm soooo tired of answering all the same questions over and over on the phone. :???:

heheh Gigabyte is as bad as ASUS. Been there myself. They run you in circles until you give up. It's the Taiwanese way, methinks.

OCZ and EVGA are the only companies I know of with great support.

Logitech has totally kick-ass customer support, the best I've experienced. I've had at least 3-4 problems over the last decade with some of their stuff and they always took care of it right away and painlessly, a joy to do business with and one of the reasons I tend to stick to their stuff if given a choice. Newegg is a close second and near perfect too, but they're more a store than a hardware company. I had great experiences with Razer also, but only had one problem with them so far so it's hard to judge....but they did take care of my problem right away and in a way that made sure I got a working product fastest which is a big plus.

This is my first mobo problem, and I f-ing hate it. I don't mind the running in circles part, it's the giving up part that's my problem...I'm not good at it at all, I'll run around that circle faster and harder until my heart explodes. I'm kind of stupid that way. :oops:

Got an e-mail from an Asus rep saying he's overnighting out the M4A79 tonight, and I also got a survey request from Asus on my recent customer support experience that was cathartic to fill out.

Of course, Amazon came through and the 785G-UD3H came here 3 minutes before its absolute latest deadline for today. Cut it close, but I will be buggered if they didn't make it. :)

Gonna go put it in after I cook the kids some grub, I'm actually looking forward to it for a change since I really believe it has a chance of fixing what ails it.

I'm furiously happy. Put the Gigabyte mobo in with all the same exact bits that were on the Asus board and it fired up without any problems or drama.

Kind of anticlimactic actually, but it's nice to have a working PC and to be right. :yep2:

I'm not really "making a stink", more like just bitching...you know when I raise a stink I do it proper! :p

I think they were just doing what their support cue cards told 'em to do, and the system just failed in this instance. It seems they're set up to operate under the assumption that it is user error when things don't go as they anticipate, and it just wasn't in this case which made things more awkward. Then their misreading of me really set me off which is never helpful along with a mobo with some weird mystery ailment where it just won't work for me.

I'm glad I got the PC all better and I learned a very valuable lesson, I'm just not exactly sure what that lesson is yet. :oops:

Realtek's is ok so long as you use the China servers I've found. ;)

PR sent me an M4A79 Deluxe that came yesterday to placate me, I'm trying to find out wtf was/is up with my original board still. :(

Back