PlayStation Network on Amazon.com

Yes, Amazon has Buy and get code button. Now we need to study how regions work, can I european buy $dollar games.

edit: Terms of Service has this clause, probably codes apply to US store only.
Licensed for distribution in North America and Mexico for the PlayStation®3 system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or both systems, depending on the item.

Oh, nice. I've been hearing about how this became available for the 360 and basically allows you to give online games to people as a present. I'll definitely use this.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it uses the 'Redeem Code' option in the Store (also available in the Admin bit of the XMB). Should work for PSP games then too by the way, as it has the same system.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1D6EDTAS97VB02ZZ2D4C

EDIT: yeah, in this link above, if you go to the buy and get code panel on the top right, you can click 'How Buying Works' and see the redeem code in step 2.

Amazon site says US only for billing addresses. So presumably this cannot be used by us Canucks either.

Sony really seems to hate Canada.

=)

Cheers

Amazon site says US only for billing addresses. So presumably this cannot be used by us Canucks either.

=)

Cheers

I'm sure it has more to do with e-commerce laws. Even the 360 Canadian Amazon store has yet to show up. :)

=)

Cheers
Not really... PS stuff is usually priced the same as it is in the US, unlike MS or Nintendo. All content on PSN and PS hardware are priced the same, only BD based games are generally $10 more, but I think that has more to do with the retail side of things. Also, the PS3 seems to do relatively well here compared to the US.

But I do get your point ;)

/OT

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/08/interview-sceas-eric-lempel-on-amazons-psn-offerings/

Which party was responsible for getting the project rolling? Was it Sony, or was it Amazon?

We have a lot of meetings with [Amazon] on a regular basis, because they are one of our customers for all of the physical product. So, we're talking with them all the time. I've been in meetings with them for years, so I can't really say who brought this up but we've all been talking about this for a long time. And I will say we've been talking about this way before the Xbox integration as well, so it wasn't one of these, "Hey, we're doing this, do you guys want to do this as well?" We've thought about this, we've been talking about it. We've kind of had to get the right timing where all of us can do the implementation. We thought now would be a great time just in light of PSP Go being released and the surge of digital content that's become available over the last few months.

Why can't I find any minis on Amazon.com?

There's only SCEA-published content on Amazon.com right now. There's no other third-party content. But we are opening it up to our publishing partners, so we're going to be speaking with them over the next couple of days, if they're interested in getting involved. We're going to let them know how they can do that.

EDIT: Raise hand to agree with NavNucST3

Back