What Goes Around Comes Around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAN*

Banned
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps1-news/715.html

In a recent Forbes interview, Tretton is quick to mention the "skyrocketing sales" of Sony's flagship console, and he hopes the "It Only Does Everything" marketing campaign might cause retailers to place the PS3 in both the Blu-Ray and Digital Camera sections of their stores. As for the competition, when asked what he thought about Microsoft, Tretton said, "I love their money." Basically, he means they can be "more patient" and the company "is prepared to go at it from a very steep curve in terms of profitability." He considers Nintendo to be the polar opposite, in that they stick to what they're good at by delivering a "casual, youth-oriented entertainment experience that's very enjoyable after 20 years." And best of all, "they make money; they print money." So how does he view his own company?

"We see ourselves somewhere in the middle, we don't have unlimited money [like Microsoft], we cater to a more mass market audience [like Nintendo], and we are willing to take more risks than Nintendo is... We like to say that the environment where PlayStation wins is best for the industry, because we have a brand that can play on a worldwide basis, young and old, male and female, where our competition tends to be relegated to select regions or to select consumer audiences."

SCEI crushed SEGA with $$$, and now SCEI is getting crushed by Microsoft with an unlimited bank account... and SCEI don't seem to like it one bit.

I always pegged Team OS/2 and Amiga fans as the most rabid communities out there but I'm starting to get newfound respect for the ability of the Sega devout to bear a grudge :LOL:

Well. SEGA fans are really hardcore and the true SEGA fan does not hold a grudge against Sony. A true SEGA fan holds a grudge against SEGA itself for being a poorly run company who refuses/d to listen to it core audience. We love the games and characters (pre software only) and despise the people who run the company.

For TEXAN* to start this thread shows that he isn't a true SEGA fan but more of a Sony hater.

As for the part that is quoted I happen to think it was a nice comment by Tretton. He's saying Sony basically has to fight to get some more market share and it's time to turn this lackluster generation for the Playstation brand around. I am glad to see PS3 sales on a level we haven't seen in a while and hope it only continues from here.

Thread goes nowhere and is at best a very thinly veiled attempt at ...well... flame baiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back