AMD: R9xx Speculation

It's one of the cpuid bits set not only for HyperThreading capable, but - as in the case of the Phenoms in the Heaven screenshots - also for multicore processors:

source: http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/25481.pdf

Ah, thanks. That makes sense. All the more, as my C2D also got the HTT attributed in the Heaven run I just finished. So, I hereby recall calling probably fake on the score based on HTT. :)

So no rogue reviews out here yet? Forgot the timezone the launch was supposed to be aligned with

I guess I'll just go to sleep to be early for work tomorrow :rolleyes:

Have your fun guys. I'm conservatively "predicting" a somewhat disappointing 90% of 580's performance for the 6970 - maybe 95% with the max TDP on. Therefore a less disappointing launch than 580's _for me_

So no rogue reviews out here yet? Forgot the timezone the launch was supposed to be aligned with

I guess I'll just go to sleep to be early for work tomorrow :rolleyes:

Have your fun guys. I'm conservatively "predicting" a somewhat disappointing 90% of 580's performance for the 6970 - maybe 95% with the max TDP on. Therefore a less disappointing launch than 580's _for me_

How would it be disappointing at 90-95% of the performance of a GTX 580, if it truly costs 330 euros?

really wondering how much of an impact the ram on the 6950 would increase performance at 5760x1080 in tor. Someone in the beta and with a 6950 go test now !

It's like a war of attrition. AMD barely keeping afloat on decent cpu prices due to the X6's, nVidia hanging in there due to professional gpu sales.

Neither of them can be making squat on consumer gpu's. :p

Not thrilling results. Indeed amd aimed too low. Looks like that z Guy was right, big gains in tessellation games, but weak gains in shaded heavy games. Guess amd will be touting the crossfire performance. Most impressive bench was crysis where it topped 580.

Looks like -5% to -10% (vs 580) in games, with a couple of wins.

AMD seriously needs to figure out what is up with Dirt 2 though, almost 30% down there.

Even the tessellation tests using the ATI SDK show a meager improvement between 5870 and 6970. Anyone has an explanation for the results?

look good, and especially besting gtx580 in crysis, considering that it used to be the other way round. far cry 2 doesn't look like improving on ati though.

Back