AMD: R9xx Speculation

Unlikely, otherwise there would have been slides boasting just that.

Even if not leaked explicitly, I expect they would have been mentioned by now.

Right, neliz ?:D

Well, sideport would be specifically for a dual-GPU board, aka HD 6990.
Are you seriously expecting slides about just that?

AMD can keep their mouth shut for a while even after 6950/6970 launch and nobody would know the difference.

Interesting... ;)

150050hko86qqo8k989869.jpg

Notice the link printed in green on the naked 6970 pictures? It appears that someone has it listed on an auction site somewhere. I'm pretty sure that's a big no-no.

Unlikely, otherwise there would have been slides boasting just that.

Even if not leaked explicitly, I expect they would have been mentioned by now.

Right, neliz ?:D

I'm checking everything but don't see no sideport, the 6970 is a lot(50%) faster than the 580 at furmark though. I think that should put a rest to all the "power throttling" rumors though

I learned a hard lesson during this GPU's silly season: Don't even bother with speculating until the card is out.

Good lord I feel like such a tool for reading the last 1500 posts of this thread over the last month.

Well, sideport would be specifically for a dual-GPU board, aka HD 6990.
Are you seriously expecting slides about just that?

AMD can keep their mouth shut for a while even after 6950/6970 launch and nobody would know the difference.

Yes, I do expect a slide about just that. But you're right, it should be destined for the Antilles launch.

I'm checking everything but don't see no sideport, the 6970 is a lot(50%) faster than the 580 at furmark though. I think that should put a rest to all the "power throttling" rumors though

Isn't Furmark OpenGL? That's in line with the performance slides that showed good gains in OpenGL games.

Yes, I do expect a slide about just that. But you're right, it should be destined for the Antilles launch.

They don't say anything about CF other than that it is "improved"

FYI, expect an update on [H]'s triple screen gaming report because it creams (up to +50%) the 480 there.

They don't say anything about CF other than that it is "improved"

FYI, expect an update on [H]'s triple screen gaming report because it creams (up to +50%) the 480 there.

Most probably because of more memory available no?
Im still waiting on your "GTX580 can trade blows with HD6950" ;)

Why not? We are talking about extreme resolutions where memory is quite important no? 0,5GB is 33% more memory after all.. not too shaby.

I dont understand the logic. If the card is in certain situation much faster with the 2GB frame buffer than its faster. period.
It will certainly help to get higher fps for people with Eyefinity setups.

I dont understand the logic. If the card is in certain situation much faster with the 2GB frame buffer than its faster. period.
It will certainly help to get higher fps for people with Eyefinity setups.

When a card is 50% faster on a multiple screen setup, while not being as fast on single screen setup, the difference is? Resolution. Its funny how people that once said that GTX480 advantages were memory based, are now claiming the oposite for HD6970 :rolleyes:

When a card is 50% faster on a multiple screen setup, while not being as fast on single screen setup, the difference is? Resolution. Its funny how people that once said that GTX480 advantages were memory based, are now claiming the oposite for HD6970 :rolleyes:
Or maybe it's dual card scaling, at that given resolution? You need two GTX480's to use three monitors after all.

And if memory is a big deal, we should expect a GTX580 3GB edition soon, shouldn't wee?

Or maybe it's dual card scaling, at that given resolution? You need two GTX480's to use three monitors after all.

And if memory is a big deal, we should expect a GTX580 3GB edition soon, shouldn't wee?

Yup, you are right, I forgot you need 2 nVIDIA cards to do surround :S

Around GTX580 launch I remember seeing someone speculating that we should see a 3GB model, because the product sheet was for "GTX 580 1,5GB model", which seemed to imply there were other models.

Back