AMD: R9xx Speculation

Some trusted member at guru3d just posted this :
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3804983&postcount=70

I do not have the slighest idea where you came up with this answer ????? Eveybody that received their cards (Reviewers and Extreme Overclockers) have the final working cards with final Bios NOT betas , the same that its already shipping to e-tailers and re-tailers. There has never been a low-speed 6970xt and a fast 6970xt
nono.gif

Im deep in the industry and the Reviewers and Guys that got the cards for Reviews and testing and breaking World Records under Liquid Nitrogen are very dissapointed in the numbers
frown.gif
, even overclocked , volt moded to hell and back it will never catch up with the 580GTX that its the thruth and have been done , the 6890XT volt mods are already floating around
tongue.gif
, well this will be my last words in here , the HD6970-XT will be up and against the 570GTX , the trade blows in the benchmarks. HD5970 will remain the fastest card on the planet. Wait a few days and you will see for yourselfs , most of you know my background in the industry and for that i cannot say more , AMD wants tight lips because 6970XT will be slower than 580GTX thats all.

Chispy Out.
I don't know about his credibility , but they describe him as a well respected member and an AMD fan .

Is this for real ? I can't believe this ..

Some trusted member at guru3d just posted this :
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3804983&postcount=70

I don't know about his credibility , but they describe him as a well respected member and an AMD fan .

Is this for real ? I can't believe this ..

Doesn't say anything about gaming performance - only that its disappointing to the LN2 crowd, which cares more about breaking the 3dMark records.

And that's expected too though - synthetics utilize VLIW-5 probably a lot more efficiently than gaming, and so going from 1600 -> 1536 would be a decrease in actual shading power

AMD is adding an "XT" suffix? This is a step back from their recent naming simplicity if true. Edit: Or comment above me :) Either way though, it should be 6970 and 6980. not XT and Pro.

I've been through this rigamarole many times recently, is AMD's part faster than the fastest or not? My guess is as always, it will compete with GTX570, not GTX580. That's AMD's way. But I do hope for more. Perhaps with Neliz hints, maybe it gets to 5% of GTX 580 which would be pretty nice.

Slow Speed Board.

And the plot thickens.

Silly season is really quite entertaining, nonetheless.

This is all part of AMD's disinformation campaign. You see, they sent out a lot of samples with various clocks and SIMD counts, and various more or less misleading stickers:

• Slow Speed Board
  • Fast Speed Board
  • Moderate Speed Board
  • Light Speed Board
  • Ludicrous Speed Board
  • Super Fluffy Bunny Edition Board…

This is all part of AMD's disinformation campaign. You see, they sent out a lot of samples with various clocks and SIMD counts, and various more or less misleading stickers:

• Slow Speed Board
  • Fast Speed Board
  • Moderate Speed Board
  • Light Speed Board
  • Ludicrous Speed Board
  • Super Fluffy Bunny Edition Board…

Then how do reviewers do their job? That's what makes that whole story unlikely. Cant have Anand posting a review of the fast board and [H] getting the slow one exactly, now can we.

I think the PRo&XT go on the same board.

The "slow speed board" pictured above? :D
Slow speed doesn't necessarily mean bad. At low speeds, you are usually safer and the comfort is higher. Low speeds makes you simply feel better. The ability to enjoy low speeds shows distinction and is generally considered a sign of great sense of responsibility.

Back